Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Emma Thompson And Climate Change

harrylime

I see that Emma Thompson has been on a march bleating about climate change. I'd be rather more impressed if she did not regularly travel the 9000 mile round trip between her London and LA homes,with all the flying that entails. I like her work, but she needs to get a grip on reality

• Like 1

Its the same as when they are arriving at some awards show or another they all turn up in their Toyota Prius but what they really run around in are Hummers Ferraris, Mustangs, Cobras and anything else with a tank sized engine in it. They make me sick.

Surely your knee jerk reaction has caused you to write previews instead of prius?....unless it's some kind of joke/pun I can't see..good for her, if she means it, I say...

Ah ha, edited above....and replied below...

Hav'nt seen what was said but the climate change fanatics should be spouting in China or India.

None of them seems have seen a map of the UK, to compare the size of us to the mega polluters.

• Like 1

Surely your knee jerk reaction has caused you to write previews instead of prius?....unless it's some kind of joke/pun I can't see..good for her, if she means it, I say...

Hi George, I had no idea until I went to put in Prius the spell checker wanted Previews instead, I never noticed it when I posted my reply. It wasnt a knee jerk reaction its a firmly held belief/opinion of mine. Arnold Schwarzenegger is famous for owning 8 Hummers at one time unless of course he was being interviewed and he suddenly forgot about those and expected us to believe his main transport was a Toyota Prius. As for believing what actors say I think the answer is in their chosen profession "actors" they never stop acting that they are gods gift to stopping pollution and what they are doing to save us from ouselves. So no knee jerk reacrion. Mike

Isn't everyone an actor Mike?...if anything, acors are more transparent than most because of the name of their profession...I'm a different person to my fellow university students than I am running a security firm dealing with drunk and often violent customers, I'm a different person to my partner and daughter, differen to my friends etc..we all put masks on! As ts elliot wrote, there will be time,,there will be time, to prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet....we all put faces on to one extent or other.....

Slightly off topic....yes, I agree with the hypocrisy of the likes of arnold etc...putting on the green credentials whilst driving a hummer..althoughi I'm very green aware and drive a lexus, so perhaps I too am a hypocrite....my point was that if she really believes it, if she is doing it for the right reasons, she is using her position in society to illuminate and educate others...if it's from a hypocritical position like arnold, then she deserves flak....but I doubt Emma Thompson drives a hummer....

There is even an argument that suggests there is much more pollution etc,..caused by other sources than motor vehicles but that's another point for another day..and anyone driving and maintianng a fleet of 10mpg guzzlers surely seriously erodes their credibility to most...

I didn't mean my post to be inflammatory and apologise if it seemed that way, I just feel that many people have a reflex action to some topics, including ecology, war , religion etc..and it sometimes clouds their vision on it, although, as I suggested in another post, I too admit my views will also be clouded by my personal, though far from intractable, beliefs....peace, gbn

Isn't everyone an actor Mike?...if anything, acors are more transparent than most because of the name of their profession...I'm a different person to my fellow university students than I am running a security firm dealing with drunk and often violent customers, I'm a different person to my partner and daughter, differen to my friends etc..we all put masks on! As ts elliot wrote, there will be time,,there will be time, to prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet....we all put faces on to one extent or other.....

Slightly off topic....yes, I agree with the hypocrisy of the likes of arnold etc...putting on the green credentials whilst driving a hummer..althoughi I'm very green aware and drive a lexus, so perhaps I too am a hypocrite....my point was that if she really believes it, if she is doing it for the right reasons, she is using her position in society to illuminate and educate others...if it's from a hypocritical position like arnold, then she deserves flak....but I doubt Emma Thompson drives a hummer....

There is even an argument that suggests there is much more pollution etc,..caused by other sources than motor vehicles but that's another point for another day..and anyone driving and maintianng a fleet of 10mpg guzzlers surely seriously erodes their credibility to most...

I didn't mean my post to be inflammatory and apologise if it seemed that way, I just feel that many people have a reflex action to some topics, including ecology, war , religion etc..and it sometimes clouds their vision on it, although, as I suggested in another post, I too admit my views will also be clouded by my personal, though far from intractable, beliefs....peace, gbn

Apology accepted. Not only is my car green in colour but runs LPG. All of those that drive LS's are doing a grand job to help recycling as the amount of pollution created in building new cars is something that Governments, the Green Army and Business etc seem to convieniantly forget as it dosent fit into what I consider is the Great Climate Change/Conservation Lie. What are they going to do with all these batteries that are being produced for the greenies when they are of no use? Landfill? best thing is not worry about that problem as they dont have an answer for it.

Climate change is my opinion one big Con. No one has ever been able to tell me why the last Ice Age happened, but I know one thing it didnt have anything to do with it and that was The Human Being. This earth we live on has changed from the day it was born and that is something that wont change until the day it goes bang or just dies quietly zillions of year from now.

These are just my opinions and are not put on here just to annoy people. Mike

• Like 1

I mentioned that very point re recycling, keeping cars longer etc in my post on 'an inconvenient truth' which as I said then, is a very interesting, illuminating and , I felt, ,unpreachy, un sanctimonious piece of work, again, only my opinion...it opened my eye to many things I had not previously thought of re ecology etc...am looking into lpg for my Ls also but need to scrape together a grand or so, and being an impecunious (tight) student who likes to spend his cash on essentials ( petrol, pleasure, alcohol) this may take a little while!...all the best, gbn

I mentioned that very point re recycling, keeping cars longer etc in my post on 'an inconvenient truth' which as I said then, is a very interesting, illuminating and , I felt, ,unpreachy, un sanctimonious piece of work, again, only my opinion...it opened my eye to many things I had not previously thought of re ecology etc...am looking into lpg for my Ls also but need to scrape together a grand or so, and being an impecunious (tight) student who likes to spend his cash on essentials ( petrol, pleasure, alcohol) this may take a little while!...all the best, gbn

Good luck with it. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links