Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Switch Or Lack Of.....

Was trying to open the boot manually ie without using the key,There is a Button, as I thought but it wasnt working so when I stripped the boot liner to investigate I've discovered its just a blanking plate! anyone know is there a boot switch on some models,can I put a switch in as id like to be able to open the boot manually.

yea there isnt a button just a blank plate but you can see its the shape of where a button should go.just wondering if i fit one will it work as im sure there is a plug in the boot loom.

I wonder if it is the actual button not blanking plate as the button is oblong??? Could be that there's something wrong with button?? For eg stuck solid I can't see lexus scrimping on leaving a boot release of the boot lid.

The switch is in the parts list "Luggage Electrical Key Switch" Part number 84945-50010 priced at 67.00 Euros, providing the loom is present it should connect, apparently there is also a rubber cover which fits over it externally I guess to make it water proof priced at 8.50 Euros.

Don't know about you but I would be looking on eBay for a breaker.

• Like 1

I wonder if it is the actual button not blanking plate as the button is oblong??? Could be that there's something wrong with button?? For eg stuck solid I can't see lexus scrimping on leaving a boot release of the boot lid.

No i took it out its just a piece of plastic

Ditto. Is your car a premium pack or standard? I have also seen on here that some Irish ls430's have no sunroof. Maybe that is the reason that your's does not have this button?

I think you could be right,wonder if its just a matter of plug and play with a button.I think i seen SE somewhere on the paper work but to be honest I havent a clue what model it is, as you suspected its a IRL spec car.

So got a switch of eBay,looking at the wires there doesnt seem to be one that connects. there is one that fits on the key side but none the switch side. anyone any photos of inside the boot cover so i can trace the wires.

Did you find a purple wire in the loom? Lexus wiring normally means that a switch connects the circuit to earth to make the circuit so if the same applies here, the one terminal on the switch should connect to the live side and the switch itself will have the earth connection when bolted into position.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links