Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I love the interior of the A8 & S8, but the exterior does nothing for me at all. You're right about the dealers Amit, especially true of the one we have locally. My friend had an S8, but only kept it a few months because of constant electrical, and other minor issues. I've rather gone off German cars because they are far too common, and far too generic. I'm drawn to the Genesis because of the massive amount of standard kit, price, rarity value, the fact that my Hyundai dealer is only 5 minutes walk away, and reports that say it is up there in terms of build quality, with Lexus and Infiniti. There are a couple of switches that looked like they came straight out of an i10, but apart from that I couldn't fault the car. It's interesting to read & compare the overwhelmingly glowing reviews from US motoring journalists and owners, against the dismissive reviews here in the UK. Then again, as Lexus owners we are used to that biased bilge!!

I drove a new CTS in the US a few weeks ago. It's a great looking car, especially in the metal, but like a lot of cars, photos don't do it justice at all. Reminded me of the Chrysler 300C from the side and rear, but a much better car than that heap of Brampton Canadian junk. The Hyundai dealer tells me the company is developing a new diesel engine for the Genesis, which will probably make it much more attractive to UK owners. I don't want another diesel though. What with quite a lot of shorter journeys, warnings that diesel supplies may run short, and the Governments changing attitude to the toxic emissions they produce, it's best I go with a petrol. I wouldn't be surprised to see them shift the tax burden onto diesel vehicles, and give incentives to people to buy petrol. Who knows, it may even become cheaper to tax a large petrol engine car than a small diesel....but I won't count my chickens.

Leeds are offering £30200 for my NX Premier with a straight face. No thanks.

It was Stoke who emailed me the pricelist that I posted here. I called and then 1 hr later the link was in my inbox. Leeds qouted £70k all throughout.

I've contacted Chester and Croydon as well, as suggested here. Just waiting for a response.

Leeds have lost my business unless they can match prices. Feel sympathy for the current staff there.

NX Premier registered March 2015 should have a value of approx £32-35k trade in atm dependent on condition, that's what I've been told anyway.

My RX with ML and tracker is 3 years old, only worth £26k - nearly 50% hit LMAO should have got an F-Type

Leeds are talking nonsense. Even webuy anycar are offering £31500. Ridiculous. I hope Lookers don't send the Leeds staff to " how to become an obnoxious twunt" classes.

Leicester claim showroom condition = £35k which is pretty good IMO. TBF the cheapest NX300h Premier is on at £38k at Lexus Bradford so £35k gives them plenty of profit anyway

• 3 weeks later...

I've receieved the full specs which I will scan and upload later. Re CO2, RX450h SE is 120g which equates to £30. All the others are 127g which is £110. This is the the same as the NX!

The pdf will contain full price list inc option costs etc.

I've receieved the full specs which I will scan and upload later. Re CO2, RX450h SE is 120g which equates to £30. All the others are 127g which is £110. This is the the same as the NX!

The pdf will contain full price list inc option costs etc.

Yep, 51.4mpg average. Autoebid doing £6k off list price for the F-Sport version, didn't bother to check Premier.

Their website is showing both current and new models but the newer models have a higher price and higher MPG if you look closely!

Yep already been on Autebid. Premier with Style/pro pack and twin iPad holders. Total price £61500. With discount £53497. I've already shown Leeds this price and the response I got was stunned silence! I wonder which dealership they use. Does anyone know?

I would imagine they are using a % of list price that a dealer has given them for the old generation and they are incorrectly applying it to the new generation. I cannot believe you will get that sort of discount, you cannot get anywhere near than on an NX that has been out for 12 months.

The RX will be in limited supply for at least the first 3 months as there will be a restriction on the numbers that will be imported.

I'm not too sure. The NX doesn't have that much discount on it on their site. Tbf even X5 and Q7 have great prices on autoebid

On a side note - it appears that Lexus Leeds gave Bodmeister the GS-F price!

Its £69995. Been getting decent reviews from Autoexpress

• 4 weeks later...

Entered details into Carwow for the CURRENT gen RX. Cheapest was Lincoln Lexus. Passed this info to Leeds to see if they could match . Answer was a firm no. Reason being since it's a new model no discounts for atleast 6 -12 months and if they are offering discounts, their allocations will be cancelled. Took this to be a load of BS. Rang Lincoln to place a firm order....... and the deal has been pulled. Leeds were right. Absolutely no chance of a discount. Salesman told me to order for September delivery in case Lexus offer any incentives.

post-51748-0-29312600-1447088401_thumb.j

Hmm well I guess the discount thing may be an issue right now simply because there are no cars in the UK right now. Id imagine itd get more competitive once they realise that not many people are actually buying them.

Im in no position to buy another car ATM. Im waiting till November next year and Ill grab an ex demo I think. They drop like a rock in the first 3 years. Ive lost £25k or something lol.

On a side note, Autoebid have updated their site and its still showing £7k off so maybe worth putting an order through them?

• 3 weeks later...

The Brit motoring journalists ( Autocar ..ahem) are testing the RX in Lisbon over the next couple of days. Expect crap reviews soon

4 stars from Autoexpress. Apparently the engine sounds strained with your foot to the floor though......LOL and there are the "oh its not as luxurious as a RR" cheap shots - an RR costs over £65k with a decent spec lol

Full 5 stars with best in class for pedestrian safety. The body just seems to flex around the made up leg and go back to its original position!

And pre-collision system avoided crash at all speeds which is an improvement over the NX which hit the dummy car on the last one.

• Like 1

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/lexus/rx/first-drives/2015-lexus-rx-450h-premier-review

So this "journalist " likes the car with no real negatives to speak of and still gives it 3.5 stars

Yeah, if you look in the comments they tried to justify it by saying "the BMW X5 also got 3.5 stars" lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links