Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What year is your LS? I have the procedures for resetting the airbag warning light for a 93 LS400. No special tools required other then two wires. If your airbag light came on after servicing the instrument cluster it means that they removed the instrument cluster without first disconnecting the Battery, this will cause the light to come on and stay on until it is reset. They definitely did not follow procedures in the Shop Manual and any reasonable Lexus dealership would reset it without any complaint. If you want the procedures for the 93, send me your email address to obergc@cox.net and I can email the procedure to you.

Curt

hi i know im nog a ls but my gs 300 mk1 has sufferd from the same thing sinse i brought her the light is on on the dash what is wrong do i need a new air bag or can i reset mine ?

You could try this, the procedure is for a Supra but it uses the same systems

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/airbag_li...ight/airbag.htm

I tried to reset my airbag light myself i followed the instructions to the letter the only thing that was differant was i used two peices of wire instead of the lexus setting plug. The reset plug is under the steering wheel it's white in color, when i tried it read the fault codes ok but to reset your timing has to be near perfect which mine was'nt so i got lexus to set it for me and whats more there was no charge. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links