Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A 400H

Hello all

I'm new on here, need a new car and an RX ticks all my boxes (I hate diesels but need a bit better mpg)

Question is prices vary a lot my budget is an 06 car range but high milers are a lot cheaper, are they good for the mileage or should I avoid cheaper ones even with FLSH

Any tips on what to look for ?

Thanks

Hi mate had mine 5 years now and it's been superb, only thing I've had to do was get the wheels refurbed as they tend to corrode badly, Lexus replaced mine even when they were out of warranty but I had to get them done again . I think as long as it's got full service history then mileage doesn't seem a problem. Mines only used occasionally so low miles at 45k but some I know have done well into the 100,000 + with no probs. try and get a SEL spec as you get DVD screens and all extras. Done a 200 mile trip last week and averaged 36 mpg . Oh and very quick for a large lump.

I also am a newby. Purchased mine last month after 12 months searching on & off. Superb transport. As with most things you get what you pay for. Older cars with low mileage do appear periodically but prices can be eye watering. More recent cars with high mileage come up more frequently, many in the London area. A full Lexus service history was a must for me and given that I believe the mileage is less significant but those miles are on all the components and may be all too evident. (I travelled widely and looked at some real dogs !) Patience is the key. Good luck in your search.

Me also, looked at several at a few Lexus dealers before I bought mine some where we'll beat up for huge money. Leeds, Derby, Norwich, finally bought mine from Lexus Hatfield whilst going to look at one and bought another as the one I looked at first wasn't,t great. Another area to check for corrosion is the roof rails, had mine powder coated when had my wheels done.

Hi Darren,

I recently bought my RX400h and went for the SE-L. I wanted one over 100k to ensure the belts had been don, mine has 135k on the clock and I do 30 mile journeys to and from work on various roads (A and B) and it is undulating. I am averaging 33 mpg with a lighter foot on the accelerator, about 240 miles for a half tank, but it shifts like stink when you want it to. very comfortable, smooth, powerful, and you know you are driving a heavy car but I think it is superb. Go for an option that has a reversing camera and if you go for an SE-L you'll get the Mark Levinson 11 speaker sound system, which is superb, or if you go for a 2007 model upwards (I believe) then the DVD player can be played on the front screen as well as the rears whilst in Park. I traded a BMW 320 in for this and although the mpg is different I would not go back....what a car! Auto levelling headlamps plus they swivel so you see the road whilst turning, the list goes on and on, and I love the ease of use for the power boot! Hope this helps!

Everything is pointing to me getting one it ticks all the boxes, I'm not overly keen on the looks it's a bit too car looking but I'm sure it will grow on me, but I have my jeep Cherokee off roader which ticks my rugged looks box, we also have a Honda CR-V which is the wife's car so like SUV style and the elevated driving position.

The Lexus will be replacing my Honda Accord which I have just sold to a friend, which I prefer the drive of a more car like suv but need a bit more oomph than another crv.

I also dislike diesels but I'm using my Cherokee every day at the moment and 12-14 mpg is all I'm getting with a 5" lift and off-road tyres.

Seen a few local just need time to go and view them, I'm not worried about mileage as my jeep has 140,000 on it and out of my 7 jeeps I've owned it has the strongest engine and smoothest gearbox of the lot.

I'd like a black one but they seem few and far between, not usually keen on silver but it suits the Lexus quite well.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some good news soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darren, whilst not actively up for sale, I seem to have what you are looking for and could be able to sell at a fair price.

RX400h SEL, Jan 2007, 56 plate, LFSH, 109K miles Black with black leather.
Send me a private message with a contact email and I'll give you more info.

Change of plans, unable to sell at this time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links