Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Aristo Suspension

captaindsc

Sorry to ask more or less the same question again but,

Ive just contacted my local lexus dealer (newcastle) whob informed me that my aristo vertex has air suspension on the rear ( which would explain how it use to stiffen in sports mode).

He says there may be one or two of the bags popped? I can only assume these are some type of air chamber.

Unfortunatley he will not touch the car as there are very few similarities with a normal lexus.

Can anyone please clarify what could have gone wrong further or point me in the way of a garage (I also stop in chester so that area is possible as well).

Thanks,

Dave..

if it looks lower in the mornings then you have a leak in the air suspension system

I am though quite suprised to hear you have an air system in your aristo... never knew these came with air suspension

Wish I could get hold of a manual somewhere.

I did try the number posted on a previous page but they said it would not worth be getting done as it was just very basic owners handbook that they have.

I do remember reading somewhere that they had air suspension though and if you think about it the fact that it should stiffen when in pwr mode means it must have an active suspension.

I should probably ask the chap who has racing his on the track.

you wont have Active suspension.. only 'Active' soarers came with them

However,

TEMS also stiffens when you apply the brakes or hit a corner hard or you can set them for track days so the suspension and steering is firm.

The power mode would work the same for TEMS too by stiffining the suspension.. i had the same on my windom just the air suspension gives a better ride quality.

I do not doubt you on the air suspension.. I know very little about the Aristo... they have absolutely everything. Very nice piece of kit!

I do remember reading up on this that they have active steering... but the suspension would be coiless if it was active. Active system uses hydraulic rams rather than air

The japs were the first to make active suspension.. they sold about 1000 active soarers at a loss.. thats why they did not continue

sorry my mistake, I was thinking of bying a soarer originally so that must have been where I saw it. Mind you it must have this tems that you are talking about and if so it must have some sort of adjustable dampers with fluid or air in them, mind you the lexus dealer did mention air so it is probably that.

I think I will take it to a quick fit garage for a laugh and whilst hes checking the exhaust up on the lift I will see what I can see, mind you hes bound to say it needs a full new exhaust system even though theres nothing wrong with it, they always do. In fact I remember a mate who had one fitted by them at one outlet then took it to another a month later, when the mechanic said he needed a new back section he just laughed and showed him the receit with the twelve month guarentee and said get on with it.

on top of the strunt mounds see if it has any writing on them.

TEMS has adjustable shocks.. works kind similar to air but not as good... allows you to adjust the softness of the shocks to rock hard

however.. i dont think you would have air on the back and tems on the front.. its either air or tems all round.

Thanks for all of the replies,

It is indeed the tt vertex I have and it does have ars which I made kick in one time and it felt kind of strange. Having changed a number of parts I think I will keep a list of part numbers and info I have to try and save people the trouble I have had.

The trouble is with all these gadgets to keep you on the straight and narrow is that you start to feel invincible.

I shall be getting her fixed properly after the xmas and may start the job of tuning her up a bit(im half hoping I can break the exhaust on a speed hump.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links