Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct 200h Rev Counter

David Cramp

I've set the Rev Counter to be visible all the time. I see no use for the ECO meter. It's just a gimmick.

However, the Rev counter disappears as soon you select Cruise Control.

The Rev Counter is really important and I want to see it all the time especially when on a motorway where cruise control is most likely to be utilised.

Does anyone know how I can recover this when in Cruise Control?

press the buttom that you use for the menus (display ??) on the steering wheel it will come back on.

when you turn on cruise control the display always goes blank turn the cruise off and the display shows

nornally.

You can't get rev counter back on cruise control. Not sure why you would need it to be honest.

I display hybrid power distribution when in cruise to understand how system is applying power. Current mpg display is also a good indicator.

Noticed yesterday, my mpg is 60 at moment. Must be down to warm weather and more efficient warm-up and running. Using cruise control also helps.

Rev counter is basically a gimmick on a CVT hybrid drivetrain, the engine revs don't really indicate total power or road speed as it would do on a more conventional drivetrain. Toyota didn't even bother with them at all on their hybrids until they introduced simulated gears and sport mode - the RX400h for example doesn't have one, and in the five years I had mine I never had the need for it either.

I do prefer looking at rev counter - it gives you confirmation when engine is not running.

I also use it to try and judge how engine is working in different conditions.

All my life spent working with machines, I am a retired commercial helicopter pilot, I have manitained the most important part is the engine.

If you look after nothing else, at least look after the engine.

I want to know at all times what the engine is doing.

If when in Cruise control I want to overtake another vehicle, I need to know when I get to, say, 3,000rpm, so I don'r exceed the 'red line'. I can only do that if I can see a Rev counter.

Incidentally, the 300h has the Rev counter available in Cruise control!

All my life spent working with machines, I am a retired commercial helicopter pilot, I have manitained the most important part is the engine.

If you look after nothing else, at least look after the engine.

I want to know at all times what the engine is doing.

If when in Cruise control I want to overtake another vehicle, I need to know when I get to, say, 3,000rpm, so I don'r exceed the 'red line'. I can only do that if I can see a Rev counter.

Incidentally, the 300h has the Rev counter available in Cruise control!

A car engine is not really as critical as a helicopter engine! I would suggest that looking after & maintaining ALL of the car but particularly braking, steering and suspension components were just as important if not more important. Listening to the engine tells you far more than a rev counter ever will.

In a hybrid, the engine is critical if it stops and the car continues to run until the Battery fails.

Problem is, I don't know when the engine is running because of road noise.

Gladly, in the 300h hybrid someone at Lexus has realised the issue and the Rev Counter stays visible at all times, including when in Cruise Control.

You are fortunate. On all of the Ct 200h that I have driven, particularly on dual carriageways and motorways, the engine noise has always been noticeable along with the road noise. Should the engine fail I feel sure that you would become aware immediately as your other instrumentation would alter. As for overtaking, the engine noise from increased revs would be immediately noticeable. Maybe call in at your Lexus dealership and see if they are aware of a way to overcome this matter.

I had a loan CT200 last week (advance?) and the rev counter stayed on, if changed in the settings, however using cruise, removed the fuel consumption screen instead, but returned if I pressed the mode button on the steering wheel.

In a hybrid, the engine is critical if it stops and the car continues to run until the battery fails.

What????? That is just scaremongering. How do you as a driver control whether the engine is on or not when the batteries become low? The hybrid system controls Battery state itself. Long before the batteries are in a critical state the system will shut down.

You know when the engine is running from the energy screens or the EV light in the CT. The CT engine also isn't that refined so you know when it is running or not.

From some of the comments in this thread it seems there is a complete lack of understand how the Toyota hybrid systems work, not that you need to know as a driver. You just drive it, you don't have to worry about whether the engine is running or not, if the batteries have high or low charge, or what rpm the engine is running at.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links