Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Had a quick search and noticed like all uni body cars the lexus is250 has pinch welds for jacking up and using jack stands on them.

The jack stands I are saddle / hockey type. So I cannot use those ? Where in UK can I find jack stands for pinch welds ? I saw one at Clark / machine mart , are these OK ?https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cax-3tbc-3-ton-axle-stands

what other option do I have ? I will be working with brakes and might go under the car for inspection so wish to be safe. What do you guys do?

thanks.

Hi all

Had a quick search and noticed like all uni body cars the lexus is250 has pinch welds for jacking up and using jack stands on them.

The jack stands I are saddle / hockey type. So I cannot use those ? Where in UK can I find jack stands for pinch welds ? I saw one at Clark / machine mart , are these OK ?https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cax-3tbc-3-ton-axle-stands

what other option do I have ? I will be working with brakes and might go under the car for inspection so wish to be safe. What do you guys do?

thanks.

They are the ones I have, from amazon I believe. I use them on the pinch weld and a different pair under the suspension.👍

oh and I would need a low profile floor jack or does standard floor jack work good enough ? thinking of getting 40 pound kit from Halford if they work... else going with a flow profile from machine mart.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=255207&productId=899721&storeId=10001

On the Vrs you use them on the sill lip lifts them up a treat hence the split, put them on a trolley jack flat on a jacking point on car lifts easy

they are solid rubber, had mine a couple of years works a treat. People my age used to use a block of wood on the jack, now use these they

are brilliant and cheap to boot.

• Like 1

What I was thinking of getting a floor jack and lifting the car from differential thus lifting both the wheels. then using jack stands with flat head and these rubber pucks on either side.

I thought for that I require a low profile jack. but it I don't then that will save me some money.

Brings me to a question, do you use jack stands at all? If yes, then you have to keep them at pinch welds and lift the car from differential or the front of oil pan using a floor jack (you suggest no need for low profile). Or do you have some other method of doing it?

With Mazda 3 I got away with what I thought will work. But now I am getting right tools for a clean job.

I am also going for tyre rotation. I assume IS250-Sel is RWD.

Axle stands under the axles and chocks on two wheels. Why would you want to use the pinch welds?

As the main jacking points are a long way under the car, I find it easier to use a scissor jack to raise the car off the ground to gain access for my floor jack. It'll fit under, but there's not much room to move the handle to lift it.

Because jack stands for this car was supposed to be under pinch weld.

Pinch weld can be used to jack up the car for emergency. but for workshop work/ few hours of lifting one needs jack stand. Jacks are not designed for constant loads I think unless there is a mechanical locking to it.

OR am I looking at a wrong instruction manual ?

so the standard floor jacks do not go under the car for main jacking up points. good to confirm this. I need a low profile jack.

Also do you have any pictures of your jack stands under axel? I am a rookie so wish to confirm things visually. thanks.

Got the rubber puck for pinch weld. However I noticed it will be in contact with the plastic side skirt. Is the plastic meant to take the force? I don't think it will be a good idea to cut the excess off the rubber as it will make it unstable and fragile....

post-53425-0-55789000-1435351452_thumb.j

On the Vrs you use them on the sill lip lifts them up a treat hence the split, put them on a trolley jack flat on a jacking point on car lifts easy

they are solid rubber, had mine a couple of years works a treat. People my age used to use a block of wood on the jack, now use these they

are brilliant and cheap to boot.

@madasahatter.....................people of OUR age used blocks of wood lol

All this fancy malarky now, haha

OK I figured it out now.

I check the factory jack and it will also hit the plastic. unless one is meant to remove that plastic before jacking??? Seems easy to remove but is that to be done ?

Rubber puck is the way to go it seems. And I think these Halford jack stands (rated 1 ton) will pair well with the puck.

Also saw these jacks in Clark with a grove in them. bit their ends extend and I don't think that is favourable. I put the rubber puck on it just for reference.

Now only thing left to decide is low profile jack. I am guessing that a low profile will work for any car so pay slightly more is worth it ?

post-53425-0-26236400-1435436190_thumb.j

post-53425-0-66494300-1435436211_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links