Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner 450h - Couple Of Queries ?

Hello all,

Took delivery of my new Premier 450H yesterday. Absolutely heavenly drive and such a luxury!

Loving the new ACC/PAS feature which is quite freaky as car takes over the control on braking and acceleration .... almost like a preview to Google car.

Not much change from me on Hybrid train as been a Prius owner earlier so used to quiet driving experience.

A few queries as a new owner:

• I am not amused (but not surprised) at rather old fashioned Lexus navigation system. Any suggestion if there is a possibility to use google maps, waze type display from your Iphone to the screen?
  • Unable to set the suspension Hi/Lo mode .... any suggestions?

Likewise happy to answer any questions for a speculative buyer :)

Hello all,

Took delivery of my new Premier 450H yesterday. Absolutely heavenly drive and such a luxury!

Loving the new ACC/PAS feature which is quite freaky as car takes over the control on braking and acceleration .... almost like a preview to Google car.

Not much change from me on Hybrid train as been a Prius owner earlier so used to quiet driving experience.

A few queries as a new owner:

• I am not amused (but not surprised) at rather old fashioned Lexus navigation system. Any suggestion if there is a possibility to use google maps, waze type display from your iPhone to the screen?
  • Unable to set the suspension Hi/Lo mode .... any suggestions?
Likewise happy to answer any questions for a speculative buyer :)

The interface is a good 3 years old now. You can't use Google maps.

Probably not what you want to hear after buying a new one but the 4th Gen RX is coming out end of this year so that'll have all the updates to the interface with connected services and the lot. Still no Google maps but a much better looking map though

Thanks Rayaans ... this means my phone will continue to find a place on dashboard :)

Navigation maps in cars are so pathetically dated and they are at times sold as an optional feature .....anyway I knew about the 2016 release at the time of order however I believe in ironed out features rather than gazzy new unknown bugs (my background in software testing) so will stick to a well tried and tested 2015 last production run.

The car is no doubt an amazing drive if only Lexus stayed intune with technology development.

No damper at all with other features to impress the driver.

About suspensions, you have to switch from Sport mode to Sport+ mode, moving clockwise one more time the mode knob.

You should notice also a stiffer steering wheel.

• Like 1

About suspensions, you have to switch from Sport mode to Sport+ mode, moving clockwise one more time the mode knob.

RX doesn't have avs

• Like 1

Sylm has an RX not a GS. There is no sport + mode, or AVS, or rotary switch

To alter the ride height I believe you have to hold the button for about a second before it will respond.

• Like 1

Thanks ... yes. Tried the button today to change the suspension height (Hi/Lo/Normal) which didn't work in the first instance however holding the button down for a sec or two did the trick. TBH didn't noticed much difference but will watch out for performance change and steering play. Also I was informed by the dealer PCS is active by default and shouldn't be changed for obvious (safety) reasons.

Getting used to the ride difference ... which is a real pleasure! Ability to open boot door from the front panel is amazing and very practical.

Q: Anyone been able to adjust the (amount of) drop of the side view mirrors to a lower level when reversing? I read in some of the post that it's possible to adjust (to see more of the kerb) however when tried at the dealership it didn't work.

I have RX450H Premier and believe manual settings works for GS.

Any suggestion would help.

Q: Anyone been able to adjust the (amount of) drop of the side view mirrors to a lower level when reversing? I read in some of the post that it's possible to adjust (to see more of the kerb) however when tried at the dealership it didn't work.

I looked in to this a couple of months ago when we got our F Sport. There are rumours that you can adjust it but non of the suggested methods worked. I found in the end that the mirrors are so large that the current amount of dip was perfect for both our mirror positions at the moment, but I have been meaning to ask the dealer if there is a way to adjust them.

• Like 1

The Techstream software didn't seem able to alter this feature (not in C-BEST settings although could be hidden on my model) but I did find out that even on my old Lex that the system does/can remember wing mirror positions tied in with the seat memory settings for other drivers!

So I was thinking that as our lex only has 2 drivers, set the third memory (M3) setting so the seat remains in the same position as M1 (main driver) and the mirrors are as low as you require.

OK so trade off is that they don't auto-dip on reverse as far as you like but you can just tap M3 and let the car save you from fluffing with the mirror controls whilst trying to park!

Personally, it annoyed the heck out of me so I turned off auto-dip but I am fortunate enough to not have to park against kerbs on a daily basis!

Hope this helps,

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Chris - that's a very neat trick!

I visited Lexus dealer yesterday and he has confirmed with the service team that the reverse mirror setting is not possible .....so M3 setting work around it is!

I don't park on a regular basis near the curb but kick myself any time the tyre grits against the road.

Realy appreciate support of the community with the queries.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links