Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Spec Differences - Se-l Vs Executive

Hi everyone. Given the previous advice I've decided on a facelifted 07 onwards 400h. Apart from age, are there any differences in spec between the older SE-L and the later Executive?

The Executive Limited Edition was the run out model before the RX450h came out.

The only difference with the SE-L is that it did not have the rear entertainment system (DVD and screens built into the back of the front headrest). The Exe Ltd Ed also has illuminated Lexus logos oin the door seals... can't remember whether or not the SE-L had these.

Strongly suggest that you search the forum as this is well documented, in particular in recent topics.

No series II RX had parking sensors as a factory fit standard spec. These were dealer fit options, available on any grade.

The SE-L by default, after late 2006 and before 2008, doesn't have the ICE package as standard but it was a option at time of purchase. On the Executive it was standard as it also was on the SE-L from 2008 onwards when the double DVD system was introduced.

Edited by ColinBarber

No series II RX had parking sensors as a factory fit standard spec. These were dealer fit options, available on any grade.

The SE-L by default, after late 2006 and before 2008, doesn't have the ICE package as standard but it was a option at time of purchase. On the Executive it was standard as it also was on the SE-L from 2008 onwards when the double DVD system was introduced.

Really? My RX had parking sensors. I bought the car new and didn't ask for them and it was an SE

Yep, never mentioned in the specs and looking at the current used Lexus vehicles most don't have parking sensors and the ones that do have them in different places where the dealer decided to drill the holes.

Proper factory fit parking sensors, as on the RX450h, are integrated into the vehicle so you have warning on the display/dashboard rather than just some beeper hidden away somewhere with maybe a third-party looking on/off switch in the cabin.

Yep, never mentioned in the specs and looking at the current used Lexus vehicles most don't have parking sensors and the ones that do have them in different places where the dealer decided to drill the holes.

Proper factory fit parking sensors, as on the RX450h, are integrated into the vehicle so you have warning on the display/dashboard rather than just some beeper hidden away somewhere with maybe a third-party looking on/off switch in the cabin.

My 2008 400h SE has factory fit parking sensors. There is a warning buzzer with integrated green light built into the dash next to the mirror adjusters. The car also has an owners manual for the system. Definitely not dealer DIY.

Colin... The Executive Limited Edition does/did NOT have the rear ICE package. It was not even available as an extra to my knowledge. Mine certainly does not have it.

Are you talking about another version just called Executive?

Colin... The Executive Limited Edition does/did NOT have the rear ICE package. It was not even available as an extra to my knowledge. Mine certainly does not have it.

Are you talking about another version just called Executive?

Sorry you are correct, I guess I was thinking about the Nav and ML stereo.

My 2008 400h SE has factory fit parking sensors. There is a warning buzzer with integrated green light built into the dash next to the mirror adjusters. The car also has an owners manual for the system. Definitely not dealer DIY.

It's a Lexus accessory, they commission the parts to have manuals etc.

Hi everyone. Given the previous advice I've decided on a facelifted 07 onwards 400h. Apart from age, are there any differences in spec between the older SE-L and the later Executive?

Did the 400h get a facelift in 2007 ? ... I must have missed that ... I thought it got 4 new badges ... lol

I must admit I do like the badges on the series II 08 plate on... particularly the rear door badges, I think if they had backlit the front & rear blue Lexus badges aswell it would have looked so much better.... the wood trim options were a bit of a step backwards I thought though.

The big change for the petrol model was the engine change from the 3.0l to 3.5l and a centre differential.

For the 400h most of the changes were minor - hybrid badges on the rear doors, the stereo was revised allowing it to play MP3 files, the reversing camera overlays realtime guidelines linked to the steering wheel and a new acoustic windscreen to reduce in cabin noise.

• Like 1

The big change for the petrol model was the engine change from the 3.0l to 3.5l and a centre differential.

For the 400h most of the changes were minor - hybrid badges on the rear doors, the stereo was revised allowing it to play MP3 files, the reversing camera overlays realtime guidelines linked to the steering wheel and a new acoustic windscreen to reduce in cabin noise.Cheers

Thanks Colin, I think a lot of people dont realise how close the specs are on the 400h models & like you say there have really only ever been minor changes.... (I mainly attribute this to car dealers applying the term "Top of the range" to anything that has a wooden gear knob ... lol}

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links