Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just turned over 86k miles .... not a lot of miles for this car but 3 years ownership from 70k. 16k driven.

Whats gone wrong in this time ...

Calipers - both rears replaced

Calipers - both fronts replaced

Exhaust - centre section

Sensor - x1 O2/fuel sensor

Engine - what is believed to be carbon build up 'shiver' which has not proved to be an issue

Sound system - DVD has no sound

Mirrors - Lose their position after reversing - still to resolve

Front Discs / pads replaced - Worn (wear and tear)

Rear Discs / pads replaced - Worn (wear and tear)

Amount spend (excluding petrol and mot's) on service parts and maintenance (I have kept a log and receipts for this as the car no longer has a dealer service) = £1222

I don't suppose that's too bad for 3 years of relative hassle free motoring - the most expensive outlay was the exhaust at £450

It would probably have been cheaper to have fitted a custom made SS exhaust system rather than pay £450.00 for a mild steel OEM replacement.

What exactly seizes up on the brake calipers? My caliper pins do get stiff when coming up to service time but have never completely stuck.

Hi Steve

I had a stainless fitted - centre and 2 boxes for 450 - I thought that was reasonable compared to 2700 quoted from lexus. Its noisy (has a drone at cruising speed) but I have got used to it. To be honest I am looking to see what can be done to get rid of the noise.

I had seized pins on the calipers and carriers which I fixed but thought it was not working that well so I eventually replaced them and have regularly applied grease so they have been fine since. I knew there was a problem on them from when I had my 200 so it was one of the first areas I checked when I got the car and the pins were dry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links