Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today the car keys stopped working possibly due to dead batteries so I had to use the key mechanically.

When I popped the cover (I don't know what it is called) I couldn't put it back on. I noticed one of the hinges broke off. I can't find the broken hinge.

Is this cover available from lexis for 4T5 color ? Hoe much does it cost ? Or should I improvise and use epoxy to make a hinge ?

Are you sure it's actually broken? It doesn't have a hinge - it just comes off. It is a bit fiddly to replace - on the one occasion when I took my car to a dealer for a catastrophic electronics problem which prevented the central locking from working, the dealer didn't get it back on correctly!

There is a tab... sorry not a hinge.

When it broke I couldn't get it to seat properly and there was a gap. Easy to get off as well. I made a pseudo tab using epoxy. it's holding up but there is still a gap. Strange why lexis went with something like this fragile.

It's meant to be seated and sealed or does driver side a little gap ? Water ingress worries me that it will get rusted. Or I shouldnt worry and move on ?

post-53425-0-44072200-1440576924_thumb.j

If you can't find the part locally, just go ahead and order it from Lexus Edinburgh. I drive past there on the way home from work every day and could easily pick it up for you. I could then post it to your address no problem.

As a fellow 4T5 owner, I'd be glad to help out. :)

made a call to lexus Edinburgh. Part number is 6921753011-E3. Comes painted. 10.38.

They don't ship it so I will need to collect it...

What a pathetic response from a Lexus dealership.........unbelievable!

Followed by a generous response from a forum member

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links