Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dpf Removal, Anyone Had It Done?

jase_5254

Hi,

I'm new here, i see their is a few topics on this already but none seem to cover this question:

I am looking to get the DPF removed professionally (probably by pandpauto) They have assured me it will pass an MOT post removal but i wanted to hear if any of you guys have had it done in the UK and have successfully had the car MOTed afterwards?

The last thing i want is to get this done and then have to buy a new dpf to get through the MOT.

Any answers much appreciated!

Jason

Welcome to loc it will only pass mot if it's gutted not removed completely as mot testing can't see inside ask how they gonna remove it gut insides or complete dpf removal I got is220d had it cleaned after it got blocked now it's fine as far as I'm aware no1 here has removed 1 so do ur homework first once complete removed it's quite expensive to replace.good luck

Thanks.

They will gut the insides and then fit back on the car so by looking it seems still in place.

It's the emissions I am worried about. Are the emissions likely to be effected on the test do you know?

Please think long and hard about this. This could turn out very expensive.

I know it can cause issues but the DPF is in there for a reason.....namely to make diesels cleaner on the emissions

Take a read here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-mot-to-test-for-diesel-particulate-filter

If you do this you need to be aware of the possible repercussions.

As no 1 on loc has done it before should think hard about it is ur causing u any problems like lights coming on, limp mode lack of power have u cleaned egr valve??? If not get it cleaned I personally wouldn't remove it as normski2 said it's there for a reason but it's up to u if garage can guarantee mot pass then go for it,ask em how many they done with proof of mot pass good luck mate

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never removed the DPF but have had it cleaned by Car Surgeon in Birmingham, where it's like brand new again. Car Surgeon know what they're doing and the cleaning procedure thoroughly reset the vehicle like new again with the original DPF unit, so more than happy.

Call Imran at Car Surgeon on 07853 355 415

• 5 weeks later...

I had it done on my previous 2006 model after it got blocked they fitted an emulator to " replace the dpf which was drilled out( original housing refitted to pass the visual inspection needed at mot) back then, they also blocked up the fifth injector to reduce fuel consumption. The car ran v well for another 70k, passing four mots along the way before i swapped it for a 2010 model. I believe newer emulators are able to send signals to the fifth injector to avoid the need to block them off as this could cause problems with fuel pumps. It was £500 then which compare well against a 1700 new dpf unit. But replacement units are so much cheaper now.. If mine showed signs of blocking up, i would prob just replace it now, as they are cheap enough now. Learn to clean out the egr valve too every 6k. That was the biggest cause of problems until i knew what was going on with this terribly designed engine !!! Didnt stop me buying a second one though.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links