Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ugly?

baxlin

There's a thread on the MB Club forum saying how ugly the new Lexus NX is, and it's sort of spread to the whole range.

I have to say, the NX is not the most un-noticeable car, but I really like the IS, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen one, but have Lexus got it wrong?

Nah mate. Have you seen the new Merc GLE coupe? That's the definition of ugly lol. What about the B class, that's not pretty. Mercs just slapping the exact same front and rear to every car they make. Take a look at GLE Coupe, S Class coupe, new C Class coupe, S Class and C Class WTF.

I am a member in the MB forum also (having had both MB and Lexus at the same time) and this was my answer

"We only sold our 2003 Mk1 RX earlier this year, it NEVER broke down in it's entire life, only ever needed service items..........tell a lie, it needed a new Lamba sensor at 103K miles and a new rear exhaust box at 121K miles.

It was totally painless to drive, very comfy and refined with a creamy smooth 3L V6

On balance probably the best car I have owned.

The present range look like cr@p though and I would never buy one!"

I thought my reply was a balanced one, unlike another member in here who replied :D

And when I say range I mean just the 4X4 Lexus range, the saloons I have no interest in and would not know a current model if it ran me over :(

I've seen a few old Mercs at auction recently, 10 - 12 yrs old, and they all had quite serious looking rust, strange for a supposedly "premium" brand.

As to looks, most modern cars look bloated to me, probably due to pedestrian friendly stuff?

I've seen a few old Mercs at auction recently, 10 - 12 yrs old, and they all had quite serious looking rust, strange for a supposedly "premium" brand.

As to looks, most modern cars look bloated to me, probably due to pedestrian friendly stuff?

Mercs of around that age are well known for rust and in fact in the MB forum they (MB) get crucified for it and the fact that MB generally do not honour the warranty claims against them.

Upon buying a MB and joining the forums a few years ago I was amazed at the number of technical queries regarding faults on really very new models, certainly not as reliable as Lexus, I had been lucky with my MB cars, both of them having virtually no faults to worry about........well only minor ones (parking sensors and the like), where as with my 2003 RX I was bored and only ever used my tool box to put shelves up in the house :D

I am a member in the MB forum also (having had both MB and Lexus at the same time) and this was my answer

"We only sold our 2003 Mk1 RX earlier this year, it NEVER broke down in it's entire life, only ever needed service items..........tell a lie, it needed a new Lamba sensor at 103K miles and a new rear exhaust box at 121K miles.

It was totally painless to drive, very comfy and refined with a creamy smooth 3L V6

On balance probably the best car I have owned.

The present range look like cr@p though and I would never buy one!"

I thought my reply was a balanced one, unlike another member in here who replied :D

And when I say range I mean just the 4X4 Lexus range, the saloons I have no interest in and would not know a current model if it ran me over :(

My reply was also perfectly balanced. Merc make very good use of cost cutting photocopier designs, as do Audi and BMW now. Atleast Lexus has still got different looks to the front and rear.

Swapping a Merc over to an IS sure shows how pathetic the Merc was when its supposed to be "premium". Only see old folk twice my age driving them now too

Rayaans, your actually showing yourself up over on the MB forum.........it is all getting silly.

A lot of your comments there are quite insulting.

Just saying.

LOL does it matter? Its a forum run by Yobbos for other Yobbos, obviously its going to get nasty when you start talking about other vehicles on a Mercedes forum, they think its the best car in the world

Starting a thread about another car manufacturer in a brand forum is just asking for trouble - i'm THAT trouble.

Beauty is subjective so different people will have a different opinion about this.

I for one find the aggressive styling on the new Lexus models a bit over the top. I agree that the NX is probably the worst looking of the lot. If I ever buy a car from this line up it will be the prefacelift 4GS which I think looks decent.

I much prefer the exterior styling of the new Mercs but believe they have some catching up to do as far as interiors are concerned.

Rayaans, your actually showing yourself up over on the MB forum.........it is all getting silly.

Just saying.

LOL does it matter? Its a forum run by Yobbos for other Yobbos, obviously its going to get nasty when you start talking about other vehicles on a Mercedes forum, they think its the best car in the world

Starting a thread about another car manufacturer in a brand forum is just asking for trouble - i'm THAT trouble.

Actually they natter about other marques a lot in there, and most of them appreciate there are differences and not always in MB favour, they even have a "defectors" thread.

Anyway, it doesn't make this forum look very good.........trouble is as trouble does......... :ph34r: and I have no idea what that means :lol:

Just saying.

Actually they natter about other marques a lot in there, and most of them appreciate there are differences and not always in MB favour, they even have a "defectors" thread.

Anyway, it doesn't make this forum look very good.........trouble is as trouble does......... :ph34r: and I have no idea what that means :lol:

Aah well its all done now anyway ha!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links