Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1989 Cleaning Ac/ Heating System

I don't think there is a cabin AC filter on the 89 LS400 ( you must have one of the very few 89 models).

I find the best thing to use is an AC aerosol usually found in car parts stores.

Start the engine put the AC on maximum cold,open all the air vents, locate the aerosol on the rear transmission tunnel and latch the button down, close all the doors and windows and wait until all the contents have gone,open all the doors to let out the fumes.

Something like this

post-12144-0-63549500-1442259727_thumb.j

• Like 1

I would agree with Steve2006. Normally they are located behind the Glove Box, but I do not think there is one on the LS400 (89) model. An air con spray found at Halfords should do it, or search on Euro Car parts online and have it delivered to your door. Oh, by the way the old LS400 is one of the finest machines ever built. It started the Lexus dream in opinion.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/air-con/stp-auto-air-con-cleaner-150ml

http://www.eurocarparts.com/air-con-cleaner

I am new here, and also new to the Lexus world. I parted with my almost Brand new VW passat for a 98 GS300(Looking to do some work on it, and hopefully keep it). Good luck !! I will be posting a few questions soon...

• Like 1

Brilliant Chris..Thanks...It did make me smile. Unfortunately we do not have any GS400's here in the UK, otherwise I would have bought one. The closest I got to owning a Lexus in the past was a 92 Camry which was based on the Lexus ES at the time. Great car, that saw 260,000 on the clock without any issues....And made me think twice about owning the real thing one day !!