Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was given a 2014-15 SatNav DVD for my car which has a 2006 map.

Alas when I eject the old DVD and insert the new one it reports "Unable to read DVD".

The old disk is back in for now but is there anything I can do to make it read the new one?

J

You can verify on Lexus portal inserting the old DVD code if the new one is that one you have, if you find the same code and it is a original DVD it must work, updating the reading firmware on the navigation system too.

You can verify on Lexus portal inserting the old DVD code if the new one is that one you have, if you find the same code and it is a original DVD it must work, updating the reading firmware on the navigation system too.

Thanks Zotto. You offer hope when I had all but given up.

However I am a new to all this. Could you explain more please?

J

go here:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

select your nav system/generation from the images shown (looks like you have Gen 5 nav)

then input your current disc no.

To help I did this using the number you give above (86271 53031). It does then present you with the latest update disc required - PZ445-X03EU-0I,

The new disc you were given should have another code on it beginning PZ (mine is a 2014-15 disc marked PZ445-X03EU-0H). If it doesn't then it may be a copy disc and may not work?

So if your new disc is marked PZ445-X03EU-0I and 86271-60A194 then it should work with a Gen 5 sat nav.

Final check is to thoroughly clean the DVD to make sure it is readable. microfibre cloth and CD cleaning fluid will do the job then try again.

hth

Thank you for swift response.

The new DVD has the number 86271-60A194 but no PZ number. It has "TOYOTA/LEXUS MAP DVD EA1"

Does this suggest it is not genuine?

The disk looked very clean but I cleaned it anyway and tried again. I still get the unable read message.

I tried on my computer and it can read it.

I've put the old disk back.

J

Thank you for swift response.

The new DVD has the number 86271-60A194 but no PZ number. It has "TOYOTA/LEXUS MAP DVD EA1"

Does this suggest it is not genuine?

J

Yes with no PZ no. that sounds very much like a copy or pirated disc. A genuine disc will look like the pic posted

This site may be worth a look :) http://satnavdiscsale.com/lexus-2015-e19-sat-nav-update-for-all-generation-3-and-5-tns600-and-700-126-p.asp

Just to talk about, in internet you can find not original discs or also ISO images with newer maps, but while they are accepted by other navigation systems on some Lexus models, they are not red by navi on GS.

Many thanks Connoisseur and Zotto. This is a wonderful site for finding out things.

I have contacted the donor of the disk and it came from

http://www.satnavdvd.co.uk/2015-lexustoyota-gen35-tns600700-ea1e20-sat-nav-map-update-disc-470-p.asp

This web site has a very similar design and in places identical words to the site suggested by Connoisseur

http://satnavdiscsale.com/lexus-2015-e19-sat-nav-update-for-all-generation-3-and-5-tns600-and-700-126-p.asp

This suggests to me that these sites are slightly different faces of the same trader.

Since the £30 disk from the former did not work in my GS, I wonder if the £40 disk from the latter will. The latter site does say the disk is part number PZ445-X03EU-0G which the former site never claimed, but Zotto suggests that a GS satnav will not be able to read it.

What do others suggest?

Many thanks Connoisseur and Zotto. This is a wonderful site for finding out things.

I have contacted the donor of the disk and it came from

http://www.satnavdvd.co.uk/2015-lexustoyota-gen35-tns600700-ea1e20-sat-nav-map-update-disc-470-p.asp

This web site has a very similar design and in places identical words to the site suggested by Connoisseur

http://satnavdiscsale.com/lexus-2015-e19-sat-nav-update-for-all-generation-3-and-5-tns600-and-700-126-p.asp

This suggests to me that these sites are slightly different faces of the same trader.

Since the £30 disk from the former did not work in my GS, I wonder if the £40 disk from the latter will. The latter site does say the disk is part number PZ445-X03EU-0G which the former site never claimed, but Zotto suggests that a GS satnav will not be able to read it.

What do others suggest?

A disc from Lexus, which will be guaranteed to work, is £125...........

Usually Lexus sells the complete set of maps for Europe in 4 discs, north, east center and south: and every disk have some countries that are present in other disc too, so it often happens that, being the whole set expensive, someone sells on eBay a single original disk that is for him useless; as the disk reader of GS reads only original disk the only cheaper solution is to use a original release.

If you don't want last version, it's easy to find at a more reasonable price a dvd of a previous version, like 2012-2013 or similar.

I agree that maps from Lexus are too expensive 8-)

Thanks Zotto,

I will look on eBay for alternatives unless there are readers from Europe East/North/Central who want to join me in buying a new set to split.

I returned the disc but the vendor has refused to refund me in full. I pointed out his "If, for whatever reason, you are not happy with your purchase, we offer a 'no questions asked' money back guarantee. We accept returns for up to 30 days after the day you purchase." and said if he did not refund me I would raise a claim with Paypal. I have now raised the claim but have not heard anything more from him.

I will not be buying anything else from his site or the one that looks like it.

What a load of hassle. At the living wage up at Lidl I would have now earned enough to buy the Lexus disc.

J

ps Never having had a satnav before I was amused to see a little digging person in a triangle appear when there were road works. The little person was quite still but at least they were there which is more than can be said for lots of road works round here.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you try putting the disc in then disconnecting the battery for a min then reconnecting , this worked for me with a non genuine disc update.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Yes but it didn't work for me.

I'm glad it did for you.

The wisdom on this forum is that the GS450h is rather fussy or at least the 2007 version is.

And I haven't got my money back yet.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links