Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Performance

I use an Iphone 5s, via Bluetooth, and I have no problems hearing what is being said to me, but everyone I call says they can't hear me, or tell what I say. I have gone into setup, and the transmission volume is on max.

I used the same phone in my Mercedes, with no problems at all.

Anyone else have this problem with their Lexus, or have any ideas?

Thanks

Malcolm

That's interesting... I posted a similar post on another - non Lexus forum - this morning, as I have a similar issue with my other car.

My phone is a xperia Z3, although I am not sure the type of phone is relevant, and I don't have this issue when using it in my Lexus or indeed other cars.

You mention that "the transmission volume is on max": I did not think you could change the transmission volume, only the reception volume... which is correct?

Somebody suggested that the microphone in my car may be faulty or may have become dislodged... just a thought...

EDIT 05/11/15

Problem in my other car was resolved by the dealer who dialed into the car settings with their laptop and altered the transmission volume. They confirmed that, generally speaking, the driver can change the reception volume, but not the transmission volume. Of course it may be different with Lexus, but I have never been able to change the transmission volume on my two RXs... unless I have missed a setting somewhere...

D

Edited by DanD

maybe ANDROID is the answer :-)

thanks for the comment, but why? The phone works fine in other cars it's paired to!

You have given me an idea though, I'll pair my other phone - a old 6310 I keep in the glovebox for when I forget my 5s - and check.

maybe ANDROID is the answer :-)

thanks for the comment, but why? The phone works fine in other cars it's paired to!

You have given me an idea though, I'll pair my other phone - a old 6310 I keep in the glovebox for when I forget my 5s - and check.

i only said android with android and Iphone being in opposition to one another ,consumers will love one brand and hate the other.

but do as you said pair up another phone and see if you have better results with that phone if its the same then ask your dealer

to help you.

Not sure if you can with an Iphone, but on my HTC M9 and most Android phones, you can adjust the Bluetooth volume on the phone, plus you can adjust the transmission volume on the car -5 to +5, as well as the receive (speaker) volume using the volume knob.

If you go into the service menu, you can do a microphone check. Ignition on, press and hold the menu button and turn the lights on and off 3 times. Turn car off to go back. This is for premium Nav, might be different for other versions.

Make sure you have the latest software versions too, my microphone performance has improved from version v0301d to current v12102c.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread, I have now paired my old Nokia 6310 and have no problems.  So it's literally just this phone with this car, as other phones work in this car, and this phone works in other cars (my previous Merc OEM fitting, and Mrs Baxlin's Skoda with aftermarket.)  And it's the same with whoever calls me, so it's not restricted to one caller.

But it really is unusable at the moment.  The one downer on enjoyment of the Lexus.

MAlcolm

Which version of Lexus media/nav does the Advance have baxlin?  Guessing Lexus Nav, so round Knob to enter addresses?  Have you asked the dealer to check the software version and update if needs be?  Phone compatibility and performance have improved greatly for me as I've moved software versions.

Also, individual phone software versions can cause issues.  Is the Iphone on the latest/greatest version of iOS?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links