Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Not Connecting Via Bluetooth

Does anyone have any ideas, my Samsung S6 has stopped connecting as a phone via Bluetooth but it still connects as a music sauce.

When I click on phone on car system it comes up with message microphone not connected?

I have tried un-paring phone & then adding it again but get the same issue.

Am wondering if it is something that should be investigated by dealer as the car is only a couple of months old, was hoping just re-paring phone & it would be fine but not the case.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it did work but has stopped then try a hard reset on the S6.

Phone still works fine on my wife's Qashqai, so it appears to be more car related than phone.

My old Samsung would not connect to the car reliably, new Samsung mini ok. Has it worked before?

Contact details must be stored on the phone not the sim for reliable transfer.

Not sure if this of any use to you.

My old Samsung would not connect to the car reliably, new Samsung mini ok. Has it worked before?

Contact details must be stored on the phone not the sim for reliable transfer.

Not sure if this of any use to you.

Hi Richard, my next thing to try is to connect my wife's phone to the car & see what happens as she to has the Samsung s3 mini.

Bluetooth can be temperamental. If it did work but then stopped I would still hard reset, which doesnt wipe any data, and try again. It working on the Qashqai is largely irrelevant.

My Sony Z1 wouldn't connect until it had the latest firmware which wasn't released until a few weeks after I bought the car. I had given up trying. It now connects reliably every time. There was a list somewhere of which phones were compatible.

As I said has it never connected & now doesn't or never worked?

Good luck

Ed :flowers:

Bluetooth can be temperamental. If it did work but then stopped I would still hard reset, which doesnt wipe any data, and try again. It working on the Qashqai is largely irrelevant.

My Sony Z1 wouldn't connect until it had the latest firmware which wasn't released until a few weeks after I bought the car. I had given up trying. It now connects reliably every time. There was a list somewhere of which phones were compatible.

As I said has it never connected & now doesn't or never worked?

Good luck

Ed :flowers:

Has been working fine for the last couple of months.

Until yesterday when it displayed the mobile with a ref line through it & when you clicked on the phone via car it gave the message no microphone.

I'd remove it from the car and delete the pairing on the phone, then set it up again. You can also try a reset of the car system, by pressing the volume knob and holding it until the car hifi system restarts. This usually cures Bluetooth issues.

Update, tried with my wife's phone & had same solution.

Had a few mins free today, so removed interior light unit & tried the wiggle test on both connection plugs.

Successfully found which plug was not connecting & made very small adjustments to the male pins, re-connected & tested with full phone access.

Re-fitted light unit to roof & confirmed all functions of lights & phone connection & made call to prove functions.

Not sure why plug to sockrt connection failed, but have seen this before on other equipment, hard part is locating affected socket & then the actual pin.

Update, tried with my wife's phone & had same solution.

Had a few mins free today, so removed interior light unit & tried the wiggle test on both connection plugs.

Successfully found which plug was not connecting & made very small adjustments to the male pins, re-connected & tested with full phone access.

Re-fitted light unit to roof & confirmed all functions of lights & phone connection & made call to prove functions.

Not sure why plug to sockrt connection failed, but have seen this before on other equipment, hard part is locating affected socket & then the actual pin.

Great news but why didn't you just do that at the start?

I was hoping someone had already had a similar problem, that would have had the solution.

Thought the main point of a forum is first see if issue has already been covered, if not report on solution found!

I was hoping someone had already had a similar problem, that would have had the solution.

Thought the main point of a forum is first see if issue has already been covered, if not report on solution found!

I normally do a search first. Fair play to you for finding the solution.

Ed :hohoho:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links