Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ipod Kit Installed In 1Hour And 5 Mins Ls460

Previously posted a couple of photos of an online ipod kit I bought including an extra "Y" harness so I could piggy back onto the cd changer port and not loose the use of the cd changer.

I fitted the kit this morning and was fitted in 1 hour and 5 minutes from opening the car's door to closing the car's door and this included the very easy job of pulling the audio unit out of the dash. There is a great You Tube video of a bloke removing the LS 460 head unit which made it idiot proof for me and required only the tools I've shown in the photo, nothing else. Don't try removing the audio head unit without looking at this You Tube clip first unless you already know how to remove the audio head unit, you'll just be guessing and remove stuff that doesn't require removal.

The ipod works perfectly and scrolling the audio mode button on the steering wheel takes you through the radio bands, the cd changer and into the ipod mode. It's so easy to flip between the cd changer and ipod. Without the extra Y harness you would lose the cd changer function as the audio head unit only has one port which is normally occupied by the original wiring harness connection.

Cost of kit was £104.68p including the extra harness and delivery. Good value I thought.

post-54363-0-63907900-1452079338_thumb.j

post-54363-0-25724000-1452079356_thumb.j

post-54363-0-63226800-1452079387_thumb.p

post-54363-0-66205000-1452079403_thumb.p

Hi Mark, the ipod is being charged when in use and when I turned off my audio the ipod screen image of a Battery being charged was clearly visible whilst my engine was running. So it must be being charged when the engine is running even if you are not listening to the ipod.

There are 2 kits for Lexus and the website allows you to select 1998-03 kit and a 2003 onwards kit. This is solely to reflect the 2 different wiring blocks for the wiring connections for earlier and later models, see photo. I suspect your 430 will require the type 2 connector block. The ipod kit will be the same apart from the wiring block that fits into your audio head set. If I had to purchase the Y harness to piggy back into the car's harness I'm sure you will too unless the 430 has a spare audio port in the audio head unit. Again the site will be able to supply the earlier 98-2003 Y harness

Hope this helps

post-54363-0-35692600-1452087586_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links