Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glad to see the back of it!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this great club, for all the advise and the expert knowledge I wish I had looked at this club forum before I purchased my full Lexus service history dreaded 2010 model is220d. I owned the car for just over a year and I'm glad to say I no longer own it, even looking after it religiously and using shell nitro diesel it still gave endless problems and issues and made my wallet extremely light. The design of the engine was defective and flawed originally and ever since Lexus never got it right with that Diesel engine. I can't speak for the is200d but I can put hands on my heart and advise anyone against purchasing a is220d.

It a shame that because of all the troubles I got from the is220d, it's really put me off the Lexus mark also the service I got from a few Lexus dealers were so poor, the minute you mention the is220d they don't want to know but are happy to take your hard earned cash!

However as fellow members will advise that not all Lexus models are a dog like the is220d! Maybe one day I will return to Lexus but it will be a long time before my faith in the brand is restored.

Thank you all again and goodbye for now.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Sorry to hear you are leaving the Lexus brand but I can't blame you, I purchased my imported LS400 10 years ago and also joined the LOC afterwards but in contrast I have never had a major problem with it in all that time and it was 12 years old when I bought it albeit with a mere 38,000 miles on the clock.

Where are you going from here, german marques I'm guessing? There's always the IS250 a Lexus without major problems :biggrin:

Hi, im more on the opposite scale as i can only sing praise on my car.

Owned for over a year now, racked up over 20k miles and never had to spend for any repairs!

Done all the usual servicing as per intervals but other then that the car keeps on going like a workhorse :)

I have an IS220d 2009 SE-L 148kg/m

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about trouble u had with is220d, I had owned mine for 2 yrs on 2006 se l apart from dpf getting blocked, calipers new Battery had no major issues just sold it with 93k on clock still was running well, only reason sold it was due to doing less miles so gonna go for is250 

I also agree.

Yes, the IS250 is a superior car, but the 220d is still a Lexus, and I love it just the same.

Had it 7 months and 5k miles so far.  Hopefully I will have it for many more miles to come.

I owned an is220 for nearly four years.

apart from having to clean the dpf once and replace a leaking fuel injector it never let me down.

theres no doubt the is250 is the better car and a big factor of that is the auto box but if your lucky enough to have a reliable one then enjoy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links