Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts on this LS430?

This has been advertised for ages, and I have mentioned it before.  The seller says the the current mileage and the discrepancy in the MOT history is a misunderstanding between him and the boss!  The MOT history is actually quite good, and I may be able to get the price down.  What do you think a fair price would be if it all checks out OK? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-430-4-3-Lth-S-Wheel-auto-6sp-Petrol-Blue-/271588920462?hash=item3f3bf60c8e:g:l-IAAOSwPe1T~doA

3 minutes ago, Scribe said:

You can knock £1000 off for the private plate, for a start?

You're not wrong there, unless I change my name to Zechariah or Zebedee or Zed bed!  It's just a NI plate, and definitely not worth £1,000.  Why doesn't anybody local to me ever sell their cars, this one is less than 100 miles away though.

I would have to get the Northern Ireland plate replaced because I just don't like them, its just a personal thing. Cost about £250.

It has done very little work in the last 4/5 years covering only 8000 miles in 5 years. Its stood around a lot.

Interior looks OK. You need to take someone with you who knows his way around unless of course you do and make your mind up. Mike.

5 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I would have to get the Northern Ireland plate replaced because I just don't like them, its just a personal thing. Cost about £250.

It has done very little work in the last 4/5 years covering only 8000 miles in 5 years. Its stood around a lot.

Interior looks OK. You need to take someone with you who knows his way around unless of course you do and make your mind up. Mike.

I think I've got a fairly good knowledge re the potential problems, it's just finding time to get there.  The biggest difficulty is explaining to my wife that I may get another car!

14 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I think I've got a fairly good knowledge re the potential problems, it's just finding time to get there.  The biggest difficulty is explaining to my wife that I may get another car!

Make a day out of it. Mike.

18 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

worried about the discrepancy...no margin of error here...be prepared to look for another.

That is my concern, also the fact that it's been for sale for so long.

4 minutes ago, bigjap said:

whats happened to the ls400 you bought not long ago ,phil

Ah, I wondered if anyone would notice. It went back to the dealer a week later for various reasons, now he's got it up for sale for £300 more.  I took a friend with me who deals in Jags as he had two to pick up in Doncaster, so I got to drive an XJ6 back.  I just got home and an air suspension warning light came on!

Well I've had a Jag 4ltr xj300 great car but rear arches are problem. XKR 4.2 lovely but flawed with ZF gearbox issues and overly high running costs; 4 ltr S type quicker than the LS 400 but air con, electrical drain all very stylish. Love my 400...

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

So you wouldn't have a Jag?  What was it like, and how did it compare to an LS?

To be honest I would consider it.  The one thing I didn't like about the Jag was the way the dashboard seemed so high, maybe its just the low seating position.  It was very nice to drive, and the cabin was a very nice place to be.  The LS is more serene though, and more powerful.  The XJ6 is a big car, but was only 3litre so not surprising. It was comparable I think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links