Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question Regarding Air Con

After roughly 20 mins or so with the climiate control on, usually set at 22c its start to pump out slightly cold air and does not really seem to stop unless

i turn up temp by a few degress.

Its not freezing cold air but cold enough to make me want to turn the temp up.

Does anyone else have this, or is this another Warranty job?

Many thanks

Kieron

I think this is expected? As in you set the temp you want, the car will put out hot air until the temp is reached then it blows cooler air or not hot air to regulate the temp.

I have mine set to 21, after a little while i notice the air blown is not as hot as the first time, you can up it by another degree and it will go hot then blows warm/cool air.

On older cars with manual heat controls, it stays hot forever if you left it on max heat. I like how the heaters regulate itself so i can just set it to whatever temp i want and it will ensure it stays at that temp.

I know once it reaches the desired temp it should calm down And maintain that tempt but it feels like as soon as it reaches the correct tempt it starts pushing out cold air and within 5 mins i feel cold again. Pushing tempt up 1 degree does not change this, i have to wack the temp up 3 or 4c for the heat to kick in again.

Are you using 'AUTO' on your climate control?

I have an AUTO on the left and another AUTO on the right (for diverting air flow from outside or recirculate) and both are off, I noticed that when its on, it turns the aircon on too so you will get 'cooler' air even with the heaters on. I dont need the aircon on except for summer and clearing my front windscreen.

Don't actually see the point of the auto functions so I never use it.

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links