Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm quite proud of the fact my car is in excellent condition and I like to keep it all looking as best I can so four weeks ago when I found a 7" scratch down the rear bumper I was really quite upset.

i found a local body shop who resprayed the whole bumper to avoid blending etc.

i got the car back last Monday and it cost me £290 but they did a good job as I was very nervous about having a bad colour match.

so this morning I go out to wash my car and guess what, someone's reversed into my car again scuffing up and damaging the paint in exactly the same place as before and it will require another full respray only 6 days after getting my car back from the paint shop.

angry isn't the word.

what makes it worse is my car is parked on my drive and in what I would class as safe a place.

a neighbor mentioned a van with ladders re erased on the drive this morning so sounds like the culprit but of course they never stopped.

the fist time it happened also in the same spot parked on my drive.

makes me wonder if this van driving idiot just shunts into anything stationary to manoeuvre his vehicle,

im going to put a camera up to record so that if this occurs again at least I have something to trace it back to and possibly claim.

rant over.

carl

image.jpg

Edited by Carl911

I've been through a lot of cameras, this one is really good (although a bit pricy). 

Foscam FI9900P 1080P HD Network Wireless CCTV IP Camera with 20M Night Vision

Sorry for the C-Max in the pic, Lexus is safe in the garage. Got the neighbours IS200 in though :-)

13-03-2016_17-33-31_Driveway.jpg

1 hour ago, mkbean said:

I've been through a lot of cameras, this one is really good (although a bit pricy). 

Foscam FI9900P 1080P HD Network Wireless CCTV IP Camera with 20M Night Vision

Sorry for the C-Max in the pic, Lexus is safe in the garage. Got the neighbours IS200 in though :-)

13-03-2016_17-33-31_Driveway.jpg

Thanks for that, I'll take a closer look. At the end of the day I don't want to put something up cheap that has poor picture quality otherwise it kinda defeats the object so something of this calibra for sure.

carl

We have a two HD camera Swann system, around £200 from Screwfix, the picture quality is pretty good, but I can't really recommend it, as the box hasn't been great, I've changed it once, but now the replacement is suffering similar flakiness, when searching recordings, as the first one did.

Regarding your driveway, how about fitting a security post to give you a bit of protection?

Following my earlier thread I spoke to my neighbor who's partners friend was in my mind the lightly culprit. 

Anyway, a chap turned up outside my house to apologise and say he hadn't realised he had actually damaged my car but would certainly pay for the repairs as he could clearly see the yellow paint of his yellow van on my bumper.

obviously it would have been better if he'd owned up straight off but benefit of the doubt I guess. 

So hopefully, if the person sticks to their word it will be payed for now which is at least some consolation.

he seemed genuinely apologetic so I guess sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling, after all, this morning I had resigned to the fact I was paying for the repair myself.

will keep fingers crossed for a good outcome.

carl

8 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Well that's a pretty good outcome. Must have taken some guts to come round and admit it was him. Mike.

I guess so although being a friend of the neighbors he might of felt he had to seeing as I'd pretty much narrowed it down to a yellow van with ladders on the roof.

That said, prompting or not the end result looks to be satisfactory.

the sprayshop that did the work last week were a little surprised that it only lasted 6 days before being hit again when I rebooked it in for next Monday.

on the positive side both my gs and my wife's is or being used as wedding cars in two weeks time so had this occurred a week later I may have struggle to get the repairs done in time. 

Lets hope that's the last of the scrapes for this year.

carl

Glad you sorted mate

Its soul destroying  when something like that happpens

But after he as paid for it ask what right he as to turn round in your drive

That happend to me but the van knocked my Wall pillar down

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links