Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300H F Sport Boot Opening

Medster

Hi, I recently bought a 2016 model IS 300H F-Sport   - ( Moved up from the CT) - Still getting used to the car but noticed that when you release  the boot either from inside the car or on the key fob  it just pops open but does not open fully. Can anyone tell me if this is the case or should  the boot open all the way up - If its just a pop up I see that being a bit pointless.

I borrowed the RC 300H from the dealer and when I pressed the boot button on the key fob the boot opened all the way. 

Any advice would be greatly received 

Cheers

Hi Medster and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

• 5 years later...

My boot lock will only open using the physical key: it was ok yesterday.

Key fob locks and unlocks the doors but has no affect on the boot lock.

This is not the only annoyance I've had with this car but for the moment this is the most pressing glitch.

Any ideas anyone?

The boot on my IS300h F Sport just popped open, the lid did not open fully. I am sure there's a thread in the IS200t/IS250/IS300h forum where a member has fitted some uprated (BMW?) struts to their boot so when it is unlocked it opens fully. The boot on my ES300h opens fully when it's unlocked - come on Lexus, let's have some consistency!

3 hours ago, 5hermi said:

My boot lock will only open using the physical key: it was ok yesterday.

Key fob locks and unlocks the doors but has no affect on the boot lock.

This is not the only annoyance I've had with this car but for the moment this is the most pressing glitch.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Kevin and welcome to the LOC.

I seem to remember there have been similar electrical issues with the boot release system on other Lexus models like the RX400.

The problem appeared to be a faulty boot lock actuator but to be sure it would mean removing the access panel and checking for the required power, earths and signals and then checking the actuator on the bench.

Another thought is the boot release button normally needs pressing for a couple of seconds to activate the lock?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the info.  Yes it sounds like an actuator problem.

Up to today the boot opened immediately - did not have to keep the button pressed.

I presume the access panel you mention is in the boot lid?

I'll have a go at it and see how far I get.

Keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links