Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS Face lift release date

2 hours ago, tayaste said:

No m not, I'm on the right thread.   This forum is confusing. Anyway, I'm talking TNGA unit/engine, not vehicle .

that TNGA unit will be a while off yet. It's not coming anytime soon to Lexus anyway.

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Has anyone got the Sonic Titanium F Sport,  would like to see some more pics and opinion on how it wears.   Also am going for the Rose Red leather.   Guessing I'll get told to look at other posts or post a new thread! 

I believe DJP had the sonic titanium/red f sport. 

Personally I thought it looked good until I saw it on the road. Just blended in with the grey tones of the world so ended up going for white. 

The white/blue/red look best. I saw one in fuji red and it's a stunning thing in that colour

Has anyone got the Sonic Titanium F Sport,  would like to see some more pics and opinion on how it wears.   Also am going for the Rose Red leather.   Guessing I'll get told to look at other posts or post a new thread! 

I did indeed have one and IMO is a superb combo. Rayaan must have caught the one he saw at its very worst because 99% of the time it looks stunning. The colour seems to change in different lighting conditions and it wore very well.

2d413e57a1e8ce3a10e83ba992007648.jpg

9482aa23e7f725146b2b77c799b0882a.jpg

b70dc7187d925faeb0655b90681a99d0.jpg

I had it for two years and never tired of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Have wondered if a brighter colour would look cleaner but have opted for the Sonic Titanium.  Glad it wears well too as don't want a colour thar needs a lot of up keep.  White cars are everywhere at the moment and I still like black but again keeping it clean on Britain's roads isn't easy.  Be nice to see pics of the Sonic Titanium in different lighting as you mentioned it changes.

Wonder if I could change colour choice,  the order is in to be ready end of June? 

Have wondered if a brighter colour would look cleaner but have opted for the Sonic Titanium.  Glad it wears well too as don't want a colour thar needs a lot of up keep.  White cars are everywhere at the moment and I still like black but again keeping it clean on Britain's roads isn't easy.  Be nice to see pics of the Sonic Titanium in different lighting as you mentioned it changes.

Wonder if I could change colour choice,  the order is in to be ready end of June? 

A couple more, and one of old and new next to each other. I sold it to a work colleague who loves it

9f1d4ec016aba5045c7538bad0d048d7.jpg

885bd4649c3dd658bb326647fcbd2326.jpg

1a22990d6dc44f91d7c0ea70595568b9.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks DJP the seats look lovely and nice to see the same old IS next to the new one.  I have a Windsor blue one. Like how the new IS looks in the different lighting :yes:

The second from last one makes the car look like thr Grey colour,  again am impressed how it looks in different lights.   What car are you in now DJP? 

28 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

The second from last one makes the car look like thr Grey colour,  again am impressed how it looks in different lights.   What car are you in now DJP? 

I changed the IS early as I knew I was going to exceed the PCP mileage, had the balloon payment sitting in the bank and just fancied a change. Certainly nothing against the IS, it's a great car. I made the fatal mistake of test driving a Tesla Model S and was crunching the numbers. This included getting a cash price for the IS off Lexus. I then decided against the Tesla on probably unfounded range grounds and my Lexus dealer contacted me with a deal on an NX F Sport, specc'ed exactly as I would have done. Prem nav, pano roof, rose leather (and AVS which I woudn't have specc'ed but what the hell) Apparently a fleet customer ordered 5 (I think) and Lexus GB found out they were going to export them without registering them -  or something like that, and Lexus pulled the deal. My dealer had about 10 days to sell them or they went back into main stock, so did me a great trade in and int free finance. Here she is

Side view Chartham Park.JPG

I love the car and can't really fault it. I think the build quality is a step up from the IS. perhaps like the GS is, I'm getting 35 mpg, it's not under powered and turns heads (as did the IS).

That said, I suspect the Tesla will be next unless Lexus bring out a full EV which doesn't seem likely at the moment. The current build quality of Tesla is a long way behind Lexus, and early QC issues are unfolding but it's still an amazing vehicle. Hopefully these will be sorted within the next couple of years....

Sorry, that was a very long answer to a short question :yes:

• Like 1

Nice,  I haven't explored the NX but my wife liked the one that was in the showroom.  She currently has a Nissan Qashqai Tech Nik which is fine but 10 years old next year.  Typically we have always had older cars but I am starting to see shelling out a load of cash up front for a 5/6/7 year old car isn't always a good idea.   I like the RC and GS.  To be honest all of them apart from the CT are ones I would happily drive.  For me it's all about the spec and feel of the car which is why the F-Sport models do the trick (I hope)

I wonder what my dealer will offer me in 2 years if I go with that deal. 

Ive seen quite a few sonic titanium Lexus vehicles around here - the NX and IS particularly although they seem to be exclusively be in Luxury spec! Didnt like the colour at all - blended in with the grey clouds almost - admittedly they were almost always seen in the rain but then its like that 95% of the time!

Still prefer the white:

KXbSkScWzPCWkkvbQYKEZ4XSxg627TFX0Ja6BeDB

Je1VrS2BrMSVTqEokuuRXjmYVqHVYNxthS7yeimk

I agree with you - on the NX. For whatever reason I don't think Sonic T looks as good on that as it does on the IS.

As ever, got to try and see it for yourself.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Yes it is the dark rose. It's nothing like that bright in the flesh, the camera does strange things. The pics earlier in the thread #30 are closer to what it really looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a relief as looks like a brothel style seat 💺  not that I know what one is of course :wink3:

Now just need to decide if I go for a 2 or 3 year PCP!   

9 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

That's a relief as looks like a brothel style seat 💺  not that I know what one is of course :wink3:

Now just need to decide if I go for a 2 or 3 year PCP!   

Doesnt look as bright as that - it came out really red for some reason.

Better representation:

2013-01-10-lexus-is-2014-front-seats.jpg

49 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Doesnt look as bright as that - it came out really red for some reason.

Better representation:

2013-01-10-lexus-is-2014-front-seats.jpg

That looks more like it although had in my mind it was a darker red.   Looking on the Internet at colours doesn't help,  the variation is amazing... 

Screenshot_2016-05-25-22-48-23.png

Does anyone have any views on if taking a PCP over 2 years is better than a 3?   Never had a PCP before and struggling to work out if I should go with 2 to keep it shorter term. 

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Does anyone have any views on if taking a PCP over 2 years is better than a 3?   Never had a PCP before and struggling to work out if I should go with 2 to keep it shorter term. 

Depends on what figures you've been given TBH - just work out which one is cheaper. Some companies are cheeky and play about with the interest i.e. more interest on a 2 yr PCP than a 3 year PCP so overall it costs you the same.

Ive never had a PCP before, its always worked out 5-10k more expensive for me

As for the seats - the picture I attached is probably the best representation of the colour on there. The BMW 3 series coral red seats are genuinely very bright on the other hand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichyRich said:

If you got the cash you can clear the PCP amount the day after taking delivery. That way you get the dealer 'contribution'  for taking out PCP but pay next to no interest. Its what we did with our IS purchase. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links