Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Euro Import and treatment for dealers

Anybody else got an IS200 from Europe ? - I got my IS200 Sport from Denmark - had to wait 8months but saved a packet (doesn't have the lip spoiler or the chrome exhaust but they aren't worth thousands of pounds !).

Warranty hasn't been a problem (had all shock and break disks replaced so far) and servicing hasn't been too much of a problem although I got fobbed off about a paint defect on the bumper (dealer claimed it was (his words) 'bird-poopey').

Other issue is that are now saying they won't offer a courtesy car when I put mine in for service because it is a european import (I'm sure this is entirey against EU laws but haven't checked !)

Anywbody else have similar experiences ?

Hi Jenners - welcome to the club.

As far as courtesy cars - IMO that's got nothing at all to do with the origin of the car - it's to do with quality of service.

You might care to visit our dealer reviews section and write a short review about the dealer that won't give you a courtesy car (please keep it factual and non-emotional though!!:yes:)

I'd start by calling another dealer - tell them that they can have the privilege of your custom as long as they give you a courtesy car.

Which dealer was it???

It's just convenient to go to that dealer because it way out of my way to go to another dealer. This dealer is HR Owen in Hatfield - nice new dealership - I'll give 'em that !.

Don't get me wrong - I am very impressed with the car, and WAS very impressed with the customer service until the last 20K service experience.

As you say, it's not as if they aren't making money out of me now - I've bought car mats, sat nav cd, sports grille and then the servicing.

Having had a BMW for 4 years previously the whole 'Lexus thang' was a breath of fresh air. Now I am not so sure.

Still happy about the car though !

BTW - great site - been looking for something like for a while.

;):D

I really think you should call up the Centre Manager and ask for a courtesy car again - it's got nothing to do with warranty or anything else. Most dealers offer a courtesy car as part of the service, which as you say, you are paying for.

Failing that - call up Milton Keynes!! - they'll probably collect, and leave a courtesy car with you if you ask them nicely!!

I'm sure that if HR Own has just invested in a new centre, they'll want to keep all the customer that they can!!

Come on HR Owen Hatfield - you've got an unhappy customer here!!!:(

My 200 also came from Denmark.

It's an SE so only difference between uk supplied was locking wheel nuts and etched glass.

Oh, nicer leather document folder than uk and better breakdown cover too.

Of all countries in the EU, only UK doesn't get 3yr europassist. Don't get me wrong, RAC should be plenty but bet it doesn't give business class air fares to continue your journey in the event of breakdowns :P

Not that any of it should be relevant - Lexi don't break down do they :)

My dealer serviced the car ok and is replacing the clutch this week under warranty.

Possible replacement front bumper too.. mine's been half repainted prior to arrival in EU and lacquer is flaking off ...

Not definite they'll do it yet but i'll let people know ... either here or under Lexus Ipswich dealer review.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links