Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey there. 

I am going to look at a couple of GS450h that I have seen in auto trader. I have an £8k budget. I have seen a couple that fit the bill nicely all seemingly with full service history and lots of toys.

Is there anything in particular that i need to look out for when buying a GS450h? I have never bought a hybrid or driven one for that matter so not sure if there is anything else I need to look out for. One of the vehicles is a 57 (2007) plate with 113k on the clock the other is a 56 (2006) with 99k on the clock. There is such a lot of equipment in the cars that Im not sure i will remember to check it all works when I go visit them! 

Would love to hear any tips or bits of info. I cant wait to get one and be a part of the club :D

Matthew

Main thing is to check to ensure the hybrid Battery health checks have been carried out and there is a comprehensive service history.

You can check the MOT history now of any vehicle so take a look at this to see if there are any advisories or major fails in the past.

Take an extended test drive listening for any suspension wear noises (knocking/banging), make sure everything works (push every button) and ensure no warning lights come on.

You have more protection if buying from a motor dealer than a private seller if something goes wrong.

If you want to post up the links for the cars you are looking at feel free.

Make sure all the services have been done by Lexus. It's important to have the Hybrid health check done every 12 months or 10,000 miles to ensure continuity of the hybrid system warranty.

Lexus servicing is quite reasonable because they do a special deal for older cares.

Matthew,

You simply must take several on extended test drives. They are potential Rocket Ships and can easily lead one astray.

Having said that, they are in my view divine to drive. The power is instant and seamless and mostly silent. The CVT box is wonderful but there is no indication via noise that anything is happening, unlike a conventional auto, except for a background buzz.

Do try to ensure that it has a FULL LEXUS HISTORY AND CHECK THE MOT HISTORY. CONTACT THE PREVIOUS OWNER AND ASK HIM WHY HE SOLD IT AND DID HE EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS.ASK LEXUS IF THEY WILL SELL YOU  A WARRANTY BEFORE YOU BUY ONE.FROM A DEALER.

Good luck,

Regards

John

• Like 1

Had mine since feb and still over the moon with it i replaced my 55 plate gs300 SE for the 450 SEL glad i took note of Haynes report about some of the options being removed like Ventilated seats Sun roof etc mine as evrything except Sunroof but i didnt miss that as i never used it also no acc and PCS

And as regard to the Mark Levinson I cant say that it is any better than the standard one but ay I got one on mine

Wonderful car

tescocar.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links