Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New User, New Lexus

STE041

Hi, I have been reading these forums since completing a test drive of the IS300h Advance, and having considered over the last year wether to buy a second hand IS220D for circa £10k; have

finally taken the plunge and ordered a new IS300h.

The forums have answered quite a bit that is not in the book or that you don't find until taking delivery, so these have been a great help as opposed to reading hybrid hating auto journo's reviews that don't give a good reflection of the marque or the technology.

Looking forwards to taking delivery on 29th July - Advance in Sonic White with Black interior, timeless colours.

Ready to get both decent mpg with a little work and win the competition of lowest MPG over a mile with the dicks at work..... As well as looking forwards to having a car that there are not a lot of about in my area - everyone seems to have a BMW or Merc.

I am sure I will be chipping in on a fair few forums once I have taken delivery.

S.

Welcome,

I collected my 300h just yesterday.  So far done maybe 60 miles - it is a proper thing.  My commute is about 12 miles each way and 3/4 of the trip was pretty much ev. Many on the forum have said that your driving technique changes and even after 24 hours i can see myself adopting a more relaxed style.  Despite that the blasts between traffic lights are fun with the ev boost!

I expect you will thoroughly enjoy your new motor!

• Like 2

Hi Steve and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We always like to see pictures of members cars so don't be shy.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Hello there Steve, welcome. Everything I have read here suggests you had a narrow escape avoiding that used IS220d. And as ever, ignore the motoring press; they have too many vested interests and photocopied preconceptions. They drive a car for a few hours and if isn't what they're used to, they dismiss it. Which is more about them, than the car.

The first time I drove an IS300h I really didn't like it - so removed was it from what I had even drive before - but the second time I loved it. Such a clever car, it knock dirty great spots of the usual tiresome fleet mangers choice of a 2.0 TDi Audi A4...

Look forward to your updates.

• Like 1

...so shopping around for insurance, in the spirit of not advertising, has anyone had any decent results with insurance cover?

I am looking for comp cover, not too fussed about the excess level, but need to cover for business use at 20k miles PA with no NCB and a clean licence. Best I have got it down to so far is £1,062, which includes courtesy car, uninsured driver, legal cover to £100k and recovery.

Incidentally, Lexus (Toyota) insurance for the same cover without any bolt ons comes in at £1.8k ! Won't be paying that. Pity, as the finance deal was pretty good with really low APR and £3k deposit between the dealer and finance company on top of my deposit.

Thoughts?

I guess you are going to struggle Steve with no NCB. Have you tried the insurance offered through this very forum, here

I do similar mileage to you including driving for work, and Privilege or Direct Line have come out cheapest for me for many year (or rather, close enough to cheapest to be sure of a good service). I'm always amazed how apparently little influence the value of your car has on the premiums. You aren't by any chance named as a driver on anyone else's policy, that can be a big help.

Glyn, haven't tried insurance via the forum so will give it a call in the morning, Thank You. Am on a blanket cover with work but not named as such and they won't supply a letter stating x amount of years driving with no claims made.

The search continues...

Insurance sorted.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Lexus Asset Protection (Gap Insurance) and the SMART Cover provided by Lexus? These are £449 + £499 respectively. Are they any good / value for money?

My car arrived today at the dealership, PDI is tomorrow / Thursday with collection on Friday. Not long now, but hate waiting.

51 minutes ago, STE041 said:

Insurance sorted.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Lexus Asset Protection (Gap Insurance) and the SMART Cover provided by Lexus? These are £449 + £499 respectively. Are they any good / value for money?

My car arrived today at the dealership, PDI is tomorrow / Thursday with collection on Friday. Not long now, but hate waiting.

Please don't waste your money buying from Lexus, get a quote from car2cover, ALA, Frank Pickels etc

You'll save a fortune 👍👍

• Like 1

Great car [emoji4]

Economy is about right.

In my CT I use the P & G method (pulse and glide) as used on the US Prius forum. Basically get up to speed and back off the throttle a bit and glide in EV mode. Works a treat [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Got 50.1mpg a couple of times in the past week. Highest on a 30 mile run has been 59.2, lowest in sport tearing around on a 20 mile run has been 19mpg. I have a 200 mile round trip to do later next week so will see how that goes doing non motorway there and motorway on the way back.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links