Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs 300 Alloy Upgrades

DJPAULGEE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT SIZE THE 18" WHEELS AND TYRES ARE ON THE MK1 GS300 SPORT. I HAVE A GS300 AND WANT SOME OF THE SPORT 18" alloys BUT NEED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE THEY ARE IF A CANT GET ANY ORIGINALS. SO I CAN GET ALTERNATIVES IN THE SAME SIZE - OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SECOND HAND ORIGINALS FOR SALE WITH OR WITHOUT TYRES

CAN ANYONE HELP

THANKS

PAUL

Hope this help but i aint got a clue what some of it means i took it from the origonal sale brochure for the GS300 mk1, tyres (245/40 zr18,rims 81/2jx18

rears tyres(275/35 zr18 on rim 10jx18

Thsi has been disscussed a lot lately do a search for more info :)

Mudz is nearly right - the originals were 245/40/18 ZR tyres (Pirelli P Zeros if I remember correctly) the other numbers relate to the size of the wheels, the standards were 8.5x18" wheels with an offset of ET 35...42 the 10x18 relates to the 'optional' wider wheels for the rear which are like rocking horse dung ... I do have a set of Sport wheels with tyres but don't want to sell at the mo' (just bought a set of replacements - see post on for sale/wanted )

Tip: Don't get bigger tyres than quoted above as it will foul the wheel arches ... ;)

I bought my Mk1 GS300 Sport 3 1/2 months ago and had brand new Pirelli P Zero 265 40ZR 18's fitted to the rear.

However - I don't recommend them. I have done about 2,400 miles and they already need replacing!! :tsktsk: I have contacted Pirelli UK to see what they have to say but still awaiting a reply. Has anyone out there had experience of these tyres :question: and if this is the expected life, how on earth does anyone afford it without robbing a bank :unsure: One last question, anyone know of a cheaper tyre that still looks half decent with good wear and grip?

i Have pirreli p zeros on mine but i do not have the 10" rears like yours .they do wear quicker than any other tyre i have had but yours seems excesive .Although i have heard that the "10 rears do go through tyres quickly,but not sure why

i've got 10" rears on mine and have gone through some different makes of tyre.

my experience is:

had pirelli p zero on mine first of all when i got the car. i went through them like 'nobody business'......! (approx 4500miles)

next came conti sports, not a bad tyre but still wore out a little too quick for my liking. (approx 8000miles)

dunlop sp sports are on at the moment and are wearing well with a reduced tyre noise as well. (7000 miles at the mo with plenty to go)

this is only my veiw but go with the dunlops,also i found them slightly cheaper ;)

IMO - Japanese tyres such as Toyo/Falken/Yoko's offer the best grip/wear rate/price ratios as well as funky tread patterns than the other so called 'big brands', only problem I found is that they are slighty noisier ... I've got Dunlops on at the mo (only coz I got them free !) and impressed with reduced noise (too new to notice wear rate) I suggest you try www.mytyres.co.uk for reviews and prices ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links