Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaking noise from front end! Help!!

Hello guys

past few weeks I've had a very noticable squeeking, bird type chruping noise from the front end of my is250. 

Its intermitent either when breaking or normal driving on a flat road surface..

I've taken off calipers and greased the front of hub and pins...pad and disc on all 4 are in new condition...

lexus leicester took a brief look whilst car was with them on a service and said it was something dry causing the noise but wanted to change £80 per hour to have a look, which I declined!

rear calipers was changed as one was seized but noise is still there

car been on the ramp and checked by 3 different garages and there isn't any leaking in shocks or any play in control arms or joints..

im really out of ideas now and it's really annoying and embarrassing as it makes the car sound like it's from the scrap yard! Also I I don't know wheather it's causing the car any minor damage or not..

any help and advice will be great 

thank you

Paresh

On 01/10/2016 at 1:24 PM, madasahatter said:

If its a dry sound could be a bush of some sort. Anti roll bar would be a good starting point, some thing you can have a look at yourself.

I've done a few checks and can't find anything myself which is obvious...

car booked in at Lexus to have a look but then got distracted by other models and now thinking of part exchanging 🙈🙈

Hi I have the same issue where it seems like birds chirping. Had my IS250 do this since a front brake pad change and its now been about three months.

Dont know what it is but its noticeable and really ****** me off now, however I know its to do with breaks as when I apply the brake the noise stops.

Maybe its to do with not having front brake pad shims? 

Does anyone know what the part number for the front and rear shims are as its cheaper in the US but they need part number to verify it will fit the UK models.

This is the item for front: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252126954582?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, just to update on my situation...noise has gone!!!

i changed my blueprint pads which were 8 months old and it very good condition to some mintex ones and noise has gone!!

my mechanic said the pad could have become hardened etc, but noise has gone completely now! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lex28 said:

Hello guys, just to update on my situation...noise has gone!!!

i changed my blueprint pads which were 8 months old and it very good condition to some mintex ones and noise has gone!!

my mechanic said the pad could have become hardened etc, but noise has gone completely now! 

Lex, are you using the brake pad shims?

My noise is still there but intermittent. 

Yes still using the shims...

Caliper pins were sanded and re-greased with the new pads...

how old are your current pads Ishaq?

seriously I didn't think it would have been pads, as the noise sounded a lot louder like it there was something major wrong.

noise is was very deceiving 

is your noise as following video? 

https://youtu.be/p2jx7AwvfLY

Paresh

Wow the noise is not like the noise on the video. Its more like whistling or churping while car is slowly rolling but stops when I press the brakes.

I had all pads on all corners replaced say in August, I also had a rear caliper changed this time round.

I dont have the shims and this time by mechanic did not stick on the padding which I noticed on my last break pads. I am using Pagid pads which I think has a lot of dust so might try mintex next time round.

Anyone know the part numbers for the front and rear shims?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links