Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diagnostic is coming back with a Timing Chain Issue. Clearly related to the engine replacement but not sure if it's the engine or the fitting.

Time to get it to the insurance assessors and see if they'll fix it or just write it off.

never rains but it pours 

• 2 weeks later...

After all that it's all immaterial. Insurance came back today with a verdict of total loss on my car so my beloved SE-L, now Cat D, will be moving on. :sad: 

Time to go car shopping. Although I will be buying back from the insurance company to try and recoup at least some of the money I've just paid out on it. 

That is horrendous bad luck you have had, hope you got the value of the vehicle. Buying back seems a good idea at the time. I have done this myself,

worst thing i ever did to be honest, i had a tree fall on the roof of a Skoda Vrs i owned. Recouping money back was easy i thought, i do not have a drive way 

so had no way to strip for parts,big mistake on my part. Ended up selling vehicle for less than i paid for it back .

Hoping to get a sensible offer from the insurance. Already had to token ridiculous first offer. Spoke to Nippon (who I bought the engine from) and they have agreed to buy the car from me for more than the insurance buy back price so I'm happy with that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links