Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear lights on rx300

Can anyone please give me any guidance on the above, i have a 2004 rx300 which i really enjoy  but i wanted to ask if i could put the rear what i believe brighter lights from a rx400h onto mine. 

As my car has full history and just going on 78.000 miles, im in no rush to sell or exchange it for any other, i only cover about 2-3 k miles a year so its not worth me selling. I just wanted to know if i could do this.

Is this to support the reverse camera? If so, I believe there is a way you can remove the light shields on the reverse lights so that the brightness increases. When I had mine I fitted super bright number plate LED's and that made quite a difference.

Hi, my car hasnt got the rear camera on it,  the 400h lights are a new version and seem much brighter which im all for, its not to try and make it look like a 400h, its just to have better lights .

Ahh ok. In that case they should physically be the same size but I think the '400 ones are LED based so you could find that the car needs coding or needs other things to allow them to work.

Perhaps try LED lamps instead of the existing filament bulbs?

Thats true... is so dark at night with those lights.... this is what you can do:

1.change light bubls to LED with projectors (they are around £10-12 on eBay with Samsung leds)

2. Buy one day light LED and install that under the rear bumper using 2screws, connect wire to one of the reversing lights.

option 2 will help a lot!

have rx with reversing camera and since  third light was installed... is pleasure to drive back. :D

(had my MOT 2 months ago and no any problems with additional light... anyway you can't really see is there)

thanks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links