Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

I've recently purchased some service parts for my 250 from Rockauto in the USA. It was the PCV valve and both Upstream Air/Fuel Sensors (often referred to as Oxygen Sensors). They were much cheaper from Rockauto than trying to buy them within the UK or Europe and carriage was very reasonable at some $12. The only thing you need to be aware of is the fluctuations in exchange rates. But you can view the prices in £'s so it's all quite clear really.

Having done this they have now issued me with a discount code to get 5% off any online purchases up to April 2nd 2017. The code can be used by anyone...I quote from their email ...

"The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks "

If anybody wishes to take advantage of this, send me a PM and I'll pass it on to you

Here's a link if you want to have a look at their site

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus

Just select your model year and then the model.

Cheers

Normski

• Like 1

14 hours ago, normski2 said:

Hi all,

I've recently purchased some service parts for my 250 from Rockauto in the USA. It was the PCV valve and both Upstream Air/Fuel Sensors (often referred to as Oxygen Sensors). They were much cheaper from Rockauto than trying to buy them within the UK or Europe and carriage was very reasonable at some $12. The only thing you need to be aware of is the fluctuations in exchange rates. But you can view the prices in £'s so it's all quite clear really.

Having done this they have now issued me with a discount code to get 5% off any online purchases up to April 2nd 2017. The code can be used by anyone...I quote from their email ...

"The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks "

If anybody wishes to take advantage of this, send me a PM and I'll pass it on to you

Here's a link if you want to have a look at their site

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus

Just select your model year and then the model.

Cheers

Normski

Is there any customs to pay. And thank you for the share.

No, there was no additional customs fees levied by the carrier. :w00t: Delivered by FedEx to the factory. In very quick time too. I literally chose the parts, stuck 'em in my trolley and then paid the cost of each part and $12 carriage. They arrived 10 days ahead of anticipated del date.

I did wonder about getting nobbled for customs duty. I had seen ads for the sensors on amazon and eBay for eg. The unit price was a lot higher though, carriage per item of $18 and a further whack of $30+ was added for import duty. At least it was all declared on the adverts!! But it made each part almost as pricey as the UK.

I think Noobie found the same when he got his sensors from Rockauto a couple of years back.

Rockauto do say ..."you may be charged import duty" on their website at check out point. I found them to be very good and a speedy service. Like all these things over a distance ... you just need to do a few checks that you are getting the right parts for your particular model. The sensors for my 2010 model were different part numbers (and they look different too) from Noobies 08 model. I did a crosscheck with the Denso website to ascertain that I was getting the right parts for my car.

All 3 parts are fitted and the car is all tickety-boo ...well pleased. :yahoo:

Fingers and arms get a bit mashed though in doing those sensors!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links