Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Charge The Battery?

Maz

does new battery come alreay charged Brett? im thinking of getting a deep cycle battery...

yes they come fully charged Tony :) just plug and play

the £300+ price put me off the deep cycle Battery hehe

you Kidding, i got a deep cycle yellow top Battery for my ex-Mazda 323f for around £190, and is great its so powerful, i had it running all the Sound system and 3 screen at the same times...

thank matey, the only problem is i cant leave it at my garage, as its left open when i drove the car out, and peeps come in and nick any ***** they find...

They won't be hard to catch them batterys weigh a ton. :tsktsk: running down the road with one of them under yer arm :lol:

:offtopic: Reminds me of an article on slashdot a few years ago where a guy filled an old computer case with concrete and left it visible from the road. The 'computer' then made its way down the road 50 yards at a time as the local scroats nicked it, carried it until it got too heavy and abandoned it etc.

I would just disconnect the Battery and charge it indoors. Make sure you disconnect the Battery from the car before charging it, if you do do it in the car!!

Store them preferably somewhere cold, and dry. You can get something - think its some resistor/capacitor arrangement which goes across the terminals for storage.

The batteries don't really like being stored for long periods with no charge, you may find it very hard to then charge it afterwards. You could leave it on trickle charge until you need it? A decent charger will slow cycle the charge.

im going to charge my in my Garage, its had the back open with no wall or doors, the only thing is i dont have any main stocket in there, have to get a extenison lead first, about 50 metres, hehehe :whistling::whistling::whistling:

hello. go to your local Battery wholesaler see yellow pages, ask for a varta 60ah for your is200 price including vat under £50.00 . see other posts how to remove your old Battery and charge it outside your car and see the vent of each cell is loose. if your Battery is just flat and your charger is ok it will indicate when the Battery is charged, should take about 24 hours with a domestic trickle charger. good luck, gds

all lead acid batteries have a vent per cell for the hydrogen gas to escape. i think you should talk to someone before you do some damage or you trying to wind us up :mat: :mat:

Sorry GDS, not trying to wind anyone up, when it come to car Battery and electric, i have not one bits of ideas, completely hopeless in fact, and yes i did talk to alots of peeps about the subject before i even going to try it, and i could now tell you all, i got it to work, i charged the Battery to full, put it back and reconnected and it start without any problems, so just let me say...

Thank everyone who had input any informations and advice here, you guys are the star....THANK GUYS... :) :) :) :)

Not all battery's have a hydrogen problem. I doubt the hydrogen will ignite.

The reason why the +ve is connected first is because there's so much earth to connect to such as the bodywork, engine etc. Therefore if you connect +ve first then an accidental touch of anything else will just complete the circuit as you were going to anyway.

The beauty of connecting directly to the Battery is that you don't have to worry about damaging anything. A charger would simply raise the voltage where the Battery is connected which should be harmless.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links