Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prospective CT owner

Skyline32

Hi all,

Its always been a life goal to own a Lexus and the ct pretty much fits the bill. I've searched the forum to find answers to a couple of questions as well as combed the net and YouTube for reviews. Most of the official reviews seem Luke warm while the owner reviews are some what better (a good sign?).

Anyway, I'm looking for a 2012 or younger with around 25 to 35k miles. 

I'm coming from an 08 Civic which is a great car but also noted for a stiff suspension set up. Has anyone had experience with a Civic who can compare the two. For the record, I don't think the Civic is that bad, a bit crashy but comfortable enough. The Civic felt like a Water bed compared to my old Skyline GTR so it's all relative.

The reviews I've read particularly criticise the sat nav functionality and the control. How bad is it? Honda's is actually really good. I'm not a fan of dashmount satnavs (too messy) but if the Lexus one is so bad then so be it.

How important is a full Lexus history given the relative low miles of the car I'm after? The consensus seems to be that the Lexus extended warranty is worth the expense, will Lexus warrenty a used car without a full Lexus history?

thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the forum and good luck hunting down a Lexus that suits your needs.

I had a FK3 before my new-to-me GS, I also recently drove a CT as a service loaner.

The Civic suffers poor dampers that soon show signs of wear. Mine were shot and I replaced with coilvers. I've also driven other Civics and with fresh dampers they cope with UK roads well.

I felt the CT had a firm ride but not uncomfortable. The seats were pretty comfy albeit a bit on the firm side but they were still supportive.

Compared to the 8th gen Civic the CT is a good step forward. Have you had a test drive yet?

Keep in mind that I'm now settling into the wafty ride and softish seats of the GS.

Will your CT have a CVT gearbox? A Hybrid?

The Lexus warranties do seem comprehensive and the Hybrid can be warrantied up to 10 years. Don't forget that Lexus build quality and reliability is typically very good.

Let us know how you get on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links