Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For those who are in London/SE who got their first snow shower today, how was it in your 400/430?

I have a 92 (no traction control) with Michelin Pilot Primacy's on the back (pretty bad in the wet). I was surprised that as long as I was gentle on the gas (very little pressure - no more than 1,500 revs) and brakes, I was doing fine. For some reason, everyone on the A40 was doing a maximum of 20mph this evening, despite the tyres from the car in front clearing two "strands" of road to drive on with some grip! I think this could be the first time many are driving in snow too? Funnily enough, all the big 4x4s in London (X5s, Range Rovers etc.) were driving slower than I was ;-)

This is the time that the lack of feel in the steering of LS400s works against owners, since you have no idea how much grip you have in the snow.

M

Maneesh >> Im in Maidstone Kent and it was real bad over here ! The usual 10 min journey ended up taking 1 hour 15 min. People were being cautious rather than trying to drive at the fastest speed they could without slipin and sliding (UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE !!), but then again, you are a Sowf London lad ! (Jokin ...)

Mine's a 1998 with TC and snow setting etc. It's useless in the snow. Even on the level getting moving is almost impossible. Once moving it's ok but stopping and corners are a problem. It took me 3 and half hours to do 20 miles from Oxford home last night. Went out this morning to go to work and could even get the car to move at all. Out with the trusty old Range Rover - no problem..

Russell >> At least you could get into your car !!!! I unlocked the door and was pulling on the door handle and the door would just NOT open !

There's me, 7:00 AM yankin on the flippin door handle in a car park, looking like a complete prat !

Finnaly after couple of minutes worth of wresteling with the door it decided to give in and opened up!

The reason everybody was driving with caution on the A40/M40 is that the council didn't grit the roads,it took me 5HRS to get to Brum last night,it was really bad between jct's 2 and 7 everybody was driving at 20mph even less where the the hills are(jct 3 and 6),the problem was ice and the fact that it was the slush freezing and being compacted,i would rather be 30 mins late than 30yrs early :ph34r:

Take care out there.

Made the mistake last night of going to whistable at 6.00pm took me 6 hours to do a journey that usely takes 2 hrs .And today had to go down the lanes at dover they had snow drifts about 3 foot high :crying: .thank *** it is thawing now :)

Its the 4x4's that make me laugh they drive in the snow at silly speeds then relise that the brakes are the same as evryone else's the amount of 4x4 i see crashed at the side of the road because they think they are invincable.

Its the 4x4's that make me laugh they drive in the snow at silly speeds then relise that the brakes are the same as evryone else's the amount of 4x4 i see crashed at the side of the road because they think they are invincable.

A few years ago, when we still got proper snow, I remember seeing a couple of people aiming their new off roaders at the closest snow drift and getting stuck. They seemed to think that because they had 4 wheel drive they could get through anything.

They used to come onto our yard asking for someone to pull them out with a tractor. Quite often, they had no idea how the 4x4 systems worked in the vehicles. If they had, they could probably have driven out. :blink:

I had the same problem opening the doors, is there something you can put on the rubber seal to stop it sticking.

Alan

vaseline smeared liberally on the rubber seal will help, tho sometimes it's ice between steel and steel, but at least the vaseline should stop you ripping the seal off as you wrench the door open!

careful of your clothes as you get in and out, unless you've got a waxed jacket that should be in the range rover! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links