RobbyC

Which caliper part numbers will fit?

Hi, this is my first post. I've recently bought a 2006 is 220d and I need to replace the rear n/s caliper and carrier. The caliper that is currently fitted has the number: 43 L 10, on it, I've found a replacement for the same model of car which has the number: 45 L 10 on it. Does anyone know if this will be a compatible replacement? 

I've attached an image of the new part. 

IMG_6677.PNG

Welcome.

Firstly, your image is not working. :smile:

Second, I was wondering if you could tell us why you need a new caliper?  The reason I ask is that most problems with them are the result of seized slide pins that can be fixed without need a replacement.

Thanks Shahpor,

Firstly, on closer inspection, the caliper I've bought has the same number on it. 

In response to your question, my mechanic has managed to free off the front calipers and we are replacing the pins on those, unfortunately this rear caliper is too far gone after what seems like years of neglect. Wish I'd checked the forum before buying as it seems there is a lot of discussion about this issue with the calipers seizing. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By grahamtrd
      Hello.
      New to Lexus and the form so nned some advise.
      In looking to upgrade my alloys and I have got it down to 3 sets. Two are 18s and the other is 17s oem Lexus alloys. And I have read online that 18s will take away the comfort is this true?. I do a lot of motor way driving in Ireland and city driving last thing I want is to wreck the comfort.
      Any advise is welcome 
    • By Lobex
      Hi,
      I have a 2007 IS 250 II aut and I think that the original brakes are really not up to the job so I was thinking about upgrading them. Maybe put on the is350s 4 piston caliper and an original size drilled/slotted rotor because I would like to stay on the 17" tires. 
      What do you think? Will the 350s caliper fit the original size rotor and a 17" wheel? Have any other suggestions?
      Thanks..
    • By Tinonline
      Well the fronts are done and I’m bedding them in. Braking is smooth, effective and quiet with the Lexus OEM discs and pads.
      I might as well do the rears as it looks like around 6000miles difference between previous changes without sacrificing the brake sensor.
      From my fave Lexus source even with a discount  pads are £76 and usually the rears are cheaper. My fronts were miles cheaper than this.
      I’ve got one pad change before the discs are replaced.
      The only other so called Toyota Oe is the Optifit at £55 or so that’s not exactly OEM but to Oe and validated by Toyota. They can be made by a number of manufacturers.
      I’ve been sticking to original parts but wonder whether I go for either Optifit or Blueprint ones. BluePrint can be had for 30 quid.
      I’m surprised by the lack of OE stock available in the UK online at competing prices given I got the fronts for a bargain 190 quid discs and pads. I’m pee’d off by adverts saying OE quality in their ads stealing the OE search results when they are anything but.
      🧐
      Simon
    • By Daniellmoisa
      Hi! I am experiencing something that is rather annoing! I start the car and select first to drive off! All normal! Then i select second and as the revs go up just after 1800rpm there is this rattle sound that i can feel in the steering wheel and vibration! When it gets over 2000rpm it stops and then changing to third is the same going after 1800 rpm when picking up speed the vibration comes back until it goes past 2000 rpm...

In this time i can feel the car vibrating like it struggles around this rev... all normal when 4th is selected! 

If i rev the engine when parked i dont get that! 

I recently cleaned egr and maf and after using shell v-power for months i put a tank of bp to see how it feels! Car accelerates and drives fine but i get that judder/vibration at that rev cound when picking up speed! 

It is something like a BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lexus is220d 2007 

• By Slucky
      Hi,
      Could anyone recommend a good brake caliper painting service in London, as my wheel hubs are really rusty now. 
      Or if anyone in the forum who does this service. And what would be the cost for 4 wheels. I found a few but they were not located in London.
      Cheers