Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air outlet control servo motor

Hi,

I just noticed that when switch off the AC and blower I can hear noise such some mechanism moving randomly up and down trying to find position. I read that it could be Air outlet control servo motor. I checked error codes and it shows no error but sound still exists. I found the servo which cause the strange sound. It's located under the dash I can even touch it by hand. I wonder if someone replaced this servo or fixed? How to remove the servo as it's not under the glove box (better access I think). It's driver side.

The sound appears when I switch the fan mode it's not related to the fan speed or temp.

This appears to be a fairly common problem, certainly on the US forums.  One issue is the worm gear in the servo works loose.

Is the servo making a noise continuously?

Hopefully this search works for you; https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=lexus+rx+servo+site:www.clublexus.com&safe=on

• Like 1

If I set the air flow (foot or front and foot) then the servo making noise continuously, in other positions it's ok.

Thank you for the link but in US models the glove box is on the right side which make simpler access to the servo but in UK car models there is a steering wheel and I guess it's much more complicated to get there.

Do you know that your RHD vehicle will be anymore difficult to fix?  The steering wheel might actually make the job easier on a right hooker?

After a another quick search it seems a relatively straight forward job to do on a RHD car, link below.

I took a look at the servo's in my GS for the passenger foot well receiving only cold air and that was a royal PITA. Some bright spark decided to mount 2 servo's on a mounting plate that then hooks up to 6(ish, I'm trying to forget it was soooo awful) mostly independent pins, slots/guides.  Trying to get everything lined up was a complete pig.  It's looks like you just have 1 servo to work on, so I reckon it'll be much easier for you, so get crackin'...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links