My GS450 is shortly to have its first service (70,000 miles) under my ownership and in addition to the normal service I’m compiling a list of other things I want Lexus Cambridge to do, such as lubricate the calliper slide pins, and a few other items.

With this sort of task in mind I’m wondering if it’s worth asking them to upgrade the car’s software /firmware to the latest version. By this I don’t mean the navigation discs, I’m talking about the underlying stuff governing the hybrid system, gearbox, media system behaviour etc. Has anyone done this? More to the point, how would I check what version(s) I’m already running?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

it's not the right approach. Have you experienced any issue with your GS? There was only a recall for valve springs on your GS, make sure it has been done, and try to fin if is necessary some firmware update  with VIN number in Lexus-tech site  (probably not).

If there are updates but you have not experienced troubles there is no need to have them made, according to best rule that "if something works, let it works".

Lexus won't do ECU updates unless they are trying to fix a specific issue documented in a Technical Service Bulletin.