Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shocked

When I purchased the car  part of the Deal included Cover for Cosmetic/Wheel & Tyre repair.

When I cleaned my car after my Continental Trip to Italy noticed some very minor damage to the front bumper that Lexus Derby agreed would be covered by their Smart repair System.

After waiting 24 days for the Smart Technician to arrive on this perfect day he concluded he could not repair my expensive, pristine car & he would report this to his Team.

I took the car to my Bodyshop & am awaiting approval from my Insurers which includes new bumper, new black chrome radiator grill surround & numberplate plus painting etc.

Makes me think how second-hand cars which need fettling before sale are sorted.

ip

IMG_0127.jpg

3 hours ago, Tel said:

When I purchased the car  part of the Deal included Cover for Cosmetic/Wheel & Tyre repair.

When I cleaned my car after my Continental Trip to Italy noticed some very minor damage to the front bumper that Lexus Derby agreed would be covered by their Smart repair System.

After waiting 24 days for the Smart Technician to arrive on this perfect day he concluded he could not repair my expensive, pristine car & he would report this to his Team.

I took the car to my Bodyshop & am awaiting approval from my Insurers which includes new bumper, new black chrome radiator grill surround & numberplate plus painting etc.

Makes me think how second-hand cars which need fettling before sale are sorted.

ip

IMG_0127.jpg

I think it's the area rather than anything. Smart repair can't do miracles unfortunately and the damage is too close to the grill to make it a good repair. 

Some cars do get a full front bumper respray if really bad when sold second hand.

Interesting tale. My car had several areas of cosmetic damage which weren't corrected before delivery in June form Derby Lexus. It went to this same garage for  smart repair for a week  ( My local chipsaway guy who is good told me it needed a bodyshop repair) and was due to be delivered back to me.On the appointed day at lunchtime I had a phone call from the sales manager to say they weren't happy with the work their smart repair guy had done. The car was a further week away and went to Lexus Leicester to the approved body shop who made a very nice job of the repairs. As this was only 3 weeks ago perhaps their Smart repair guy is now wary of what he attempts.......  (If it helps the car delivery driver told me that the Leicester Branch has the best bodyshop, they spotted an area for repair on a door handle I hadn't spotted and did it whilst the car was there).

When you look close, the tip of the brake cooling duct has lifted slightly, the radiator trim has a clean split, the numberplate mounting plinth has a small vertical crease & there are 3 x 5 inch 1mm deep creases on the bumper itself & ,of course, the 5 grey chips along the trim edge.

I expected the Smart repair to flash-in the chips & dents, super- glue the tip of the duct & fit a new number plate to hide the crease.

He walked up to the car saying it looked mint & announced he did not have the skills to effect the repair & left saying I will tell them the Customer refused to have filler used on his expensive car & the bumper needs taking off & heat applied to its rear.

ChipsAway sorted my mates bumper scrape when he nudged his brick wall & I still feel I now have doubt what happens when Dealers resolve issues as Les perfectly illustrates.

You will recall my car was delivered with a Leather crease that I insisted was not acceptable & 4 weeks later a whole new leather seat was fitted with two smaller creases that Derby were not happy with & neither was I.

5 days later a Smart Upholstery Technician arrived & worked his magic that is still perfect today.

Rayaans doubted the Fix would work but this guy was an expert.Pity yesterdays was not!

My Premium will now rise next year despite NCB protection & the fix will now take 3 days instead of 3 hrs.

Car will again look mint as it does today from a metre away.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links