Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hybrid battery cell compatability

Hi all,

apologies for my first post being a query!

Is there a list anywhere of which HV batteries have cells compatible with the gs450h?

And what is normal for the Battery condition monitor, regardless of how many bars when i park the car for a day or two it seems to drop to two bars

T.I.A.

Dan

On 8/16/2018 at 6:17 PM, dansp1 said:

Hi all,

apologies for my first post being a query!

Is there a list anywhere of which HV batteries have cells compatible with the gs450h?

And what is normal for the battery condition monitor, regardless of how many bars when i park the car for a day or two it seems to drop to two bars

T.I.A.

Dan

Hi Daniel, welcome to LOC.
First of all I must point out individual cells cannot be replaced. Only a block of 6 cells "called a module" can be replaced. The modules in the GS450H of which there are 40 are the same as those used in the Prius, Lexus CT200h, and many other Toyota/Lexus cars, but not all. The number of modules fitted varies depending on the car. Swapping modules is not always the simple cure unless a lot of preperation, and matching of the modules is done. This is time consuming, and you can end up playing "whack a mole" by trying to cut corners.

Hiden somewhere on my computor I have a list of all compatible modules, and what vehicles they are fitted in. When I can find it I will add it to this post.

Prius modules from post 2010 have two separate connections between cells in the modules reducing there internal resistance, and improving the heat generation,and dissipation.  This makes them a more reliable substitute than the earlier pre 2010 modules with only a single interconnection. Outwardly they are of the same size, and design.

It is not a good sign if the Battery capacity drops while the car is parked, but little else can be gained from this display. 

If your having problems talk to Richard at Hybrid Battery Solutions, and he will guid you as to the best solution.

John.

• Like 1

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, i suspected that most of the cells would interchange, appreciate that it is more involved than just swapping cells

If you have an exhaustive list that would be great 🙂

cheers

Dan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links