Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got the Intake Installed.

Got the AFe ( Takeda ) cone style Intake tube and box installed.
I did that for two reasons..

1. Sound
2. Looks

I did not expect any performance from this system, in fact.. i was expecting some loss in performance especially mid to top end. I speak from experience as I've done this on many cars before this one.

I am happy with the results, love the deep throaty sound the car makes when you step on it.

I don't feel I've lost power either. However, I have noticed throttle is more responsive initially... almost feels like I've installed a throttle controller.

A video of the system being installed. I'll post some more videos shortly.

https://youtu.be/hGuQVpcNI4A

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Does look great. Does it get rid of the second intake sound? It did on my isf. 

I have one on mine and the second intake sound is very much still there.  IMO it's even more noticeable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, designo said:

Got the AFe ( Takeda ) cone style Intake tube and box installed.
I did that for two reasons..

1. Sound
2. Looks

I did not expect any performance from this system, in fact.. i was expecting some loss in performance especially mid to top end. I speak from experience as I've done this on many cars before this one.

I am happy with the results, love the deep throaty sound the car makes when you step on it.

I don't feel I've lost power either. However, I have noticed throttle is more responsive initially... almost feels like I've installed a throttle controller.

A video of the system being installed. I'll post some more videos shortly.

https://youtu.be/hGuQVpcNI4A

I have the Takeda intake installed in my ISF.

Without watching the video as I fitted mine myself, did you disconnect the Battery?

I kept mine connected.  It wasn't until I had the Battery changed recently and the ECU reset as a result that the car felt a lot more responsive with the intake fitted.  May be my imagination though 😉

• Like 1

I could feel throttle difference with the K&N intake but not any difference in power.

I realise the power may be measurable on a dyno but really can't notice on the road.

2 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I have the Takeda intake installed in my ISF.

Without watching the video as I fitted mine myself, did you disconnect the battery?

I kept mine connected.  It wasn't until I had the battery changed recently and the ECU reset as a result that the car felt a lot more responsive with the intake fitted.  May be my imagination though 😉

Definitely lost he very clear opening sound of the second intake on mine. It was still there but was FAR less obvious. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Definitely lost he very clear opening sound of the second intake on mine. It was still there but was FAR less obvious. 

That's odd.  I think opposite but maybe our ears are tuned differently.  You don't start chasing after sheep suddenly in a field do you and find yourself competing with a border collie?  I do, but that's because I was born in Cardiff 😉

I think they changed the filter from a dry filter to an oiled filter recently.  Not sure that would make the difference though if true at all.

Have one of these (Takeda) on mine at the minute, 2nd stage intake sound is very much still there and that’s with the vacuum hose unplugged and closed off at both ends so the secondary intake flap is fully open all the time. The second stage intake sound is far more cam related than flap related in all my experimentation. Given that the flap on mine is fully open all the time and I still get the two stage induction noise that would suggest the noise is not purely down to the flap at all.

As for the Takeda being a “sealed” unit I’m afraid they are definitely not. There is a pretty large cut-out  in the metal heat shield at the front that allows the cone filter to fit inside the housing. Due to this you are definitely heat syncing straight away as soon as you fit the Takeda versus the standard intake.

The Takeda gives a much better sound but as FIGS has proven on the stateside forum, they do lose power. Not that noticeable in my opinion but if you are chasing numbers, don’t get one.

The Takeda units look and sound the part though and that’s most of what I’m after.

I’ve had a HPS elbow plus the K&N drop in with the standard box on mine, followed by the full Takeda set up. Smoother, more linear power on the HPS + K&N set up but more noise, more top end ooomph and a spanglier look with the Takeda.

Both setups will be up for sale soon.... almost finished my own custom fully sealed unit!!

• Like 3

This was something that was potentially on my radar to do BUT there doesn’t seam to be any consistency with results, I’m not bothered about the speed aspect as what it is it undrivable in real daily terms, the exhaust has done yesterday and the wife has already said “u sound like one of those boy racers” lol, so not sure I need to make it loader.......like she said “your 46 NOT 21” 😂🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links