Thanks for the link it's a very interesting read.

I was shocked to read the section (29) on BMW M3/M5 engines with the BMW official recommendation (in the past) & current owners use of 10W60 engine oil leading to bearing failure.

The author's solution is to use a quality 5W30 oil to overcome the poor BMW engine design.

The guy as a high opinion of himself and a low opinion of people who question his views he also questions the expertise of Toyota engineers which on reading that I lost interest.

He does have a fair bit of ego going on. But worth reading through for a different slant on things.

16 hours ago, GS300h2014 said:

I was shocked to read the section (29) on BMW M3/M5 engines with the BMW official recommendation (in the past) & current owners use of 10W60 engine oil leading to bearing failure.

Manufacturers don't always get it right. Saab/GM got into all sorts of bother back in the early 2000s because they recommended the wrong oil at service time. Semi-synthetic caused even extremely well maintained 9-5 and 9-3 engines to sludge up and eat themselves.