Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Direct

Has anyone brought or tried to buy a Lexus via Lexus Direct? No one, including Lexus showroom staff appear to have any idea of how it works and even Lexus direct staff themselves are rather vague when it comes to delivery times, logistics, etc. The first thing they tell you is to go to your local Lexus dealer and speak with them yet the local Lexus dealers don't seem to really want to know. All I know is that the cars are stored somewhere in the UK, you cannot test drive them and the local dealer has to purchase them if and when they are confident you will buy it. Apparently if you then change your mind the local dealer may be stuck with the car or may return it for a fee as far as I can understand which might explain the reticence of the dealers?  I'm getting to the stage of giving up on it...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I do buy parts from Lexus Parts Direct. They are official Lexus dealers in Swindon. If you want to save on postage, Daniel sales advisor can arrange it for collection from their premises. Hope it helps :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I didn't think Lexus were doing online purchases. Toyota started during Covid lockdown, you build and order online and then select the dealer it is going to be delivered to.

I doubt you would get the same discounts as you can from a dealer so best to avoid.

As with any BTO purchase, you won't know a delivery date until you have paid your deposit and the order is with factory in Japan to get a build date + shipping slot. If it is one of the pre-configured cars coming in, or already in, the country then you can get that - all dealers have access to that list of vehicles too.

If it is a used vehicle then each dealer has purchased their own stock - to get a vehicle from another dealer then they have to purchase it so they won't do that without a deposit. Lexus have their Toyota staff and press vehicles which they auction off, all dealers bid to purchase these at auction, Lexus GB won't sell those directly to the public.

I've used them for both our cars (IS200d and Rx450h) for service parts ....  on the whole great service. 

Only thing is to double check is the correct parts listed .... they tried to sell me the wrong engine oil for my IS200d .... but other than that usually very accurate and very competitive prices

5 hours ago, jumbojake said:

I've used them for both our cars (IS200d and Rx450h) for service parts .

I don't believe the OP was talking about Lexus Parts Direct. I read it is directly purchasing a new vehicle from Lexus GB (I assume from their website).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links