Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus owner vs garage

On 9/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, Lager shandy said:

Lol

BE30795F-1A05-4819-8575-CC6179C87C9A.jpeg

Lol, I see damage pretty regular when garages fit shocks and use the air gun to tighten the top nut for the shock piston. So much torque the d-shaped hole becomes a round hole, the piston spins and the seals on the shocks tear. I've seen brand new shocks reduced to scrap by overzealous use of the impact air gun. I once saw one so bad the shaft of the shock had gone blue with heat it had caused so much friction spinning in the top mount. "No sir, that's not a warranty issue....you need to have a word with your garage....." 

They're great for undoing but when I use mine for replacing nuts and bolts I use the lowest setting to just pinch them up and then torque, although very rusted/seized bolts can be sheared when undoing.

I have noticed that car dealers have gone away from letting you see the workshop through viewing windows .when my lexus was mot'd I did mention can I view my car being mot'd which is your right to do so .My question was met with a look of confusion, I didn't push the issue as I though the days of a crazy grease monkey smashing a wrecking bar against your seals was a thing of the past .there new thing is ooh sir your suspension bushs are perishing with with slight movement ( of course they have movement it's bloody rubber with a 3 foot pry bar pushing on them )and bang there all on as an advisory lol and a estimate to replace them it's like a double glazing salesman has entered the building and is going to brain wash you into either replacing everything or even worse you drive out in a new Lexus lol . There is a film by Jim Carey call yes man don't be that man be a no man always untill your away from any scenario involving someone trying to get you to say yes man 🤑

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links