Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have you seen that Auto Express reports that Lexus have confirmed that they have stopped importing the CT, IS and RC ranges to the UK? If you want one, current dealer stock is the only option - CT and IS will last a few weeks and RC maybe to the end of December (and that's only a few weeks). Keeping the RC-F for a while but otherwise it's the ES, the LC at least for the time being or an SUV/Crossover if you want a new Lexus.

Makes me reflect - how much future does Lexus Have in UK? They are concentrating on Japan and USA, as do the other up-market Japanese brands.

Soon the masses will all be driving Electric Chelsea tractors - will Lexus hang in to compete in that market?- hopefully we can keep our petrol-powered cars for a while - I've got to the point where my car may well outlast me - but will we need to go back to the days when you bought petrol in cans from the chemist? That might cramp our style a bit!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johnatg said:

Have you seen that Auto Express reports that Lexus have confirmed that they have stopped importing the CT, IS and RC ranges to the UK? If you want one, current dealer stock is the only option - CT and IS will last a few weeks and RC maybe to the end of December (and that's only a few weeks). Keeping the RC-F for a while but otherwise it's the ES, the LC at least for the time being or an SUV/Crossover if you want a new Lexus.

Makes me reflect - how much future does Lexus Have in UK? They are concentrating on Japan and USA, as do the other up-market Japanese brands.

Soon the masses will all be driving Electric Chelsea tractors - will Lexus hang in to compete in that market?- hopefully we can keep our petrol-powered cars for a while - I've got to the point where my car may well outlast me - but will we need to go back to the days when you bought petrol in cans from the chemist? That might cramp our style a bit!

Oh dear haven't checked the report but I paid a deposit for a 2018 carbon plus yellow RCF I better get it else such cars are rare in the UK anyway but it seems they will get even harder in near future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johnatg said:

Makes me reflect - how much future does Lexus Have in UK?

Lexus had its best year ever in the UK last year. The UX sold as many as the CT, IS and RC combined despite not being fully available in the first couple of months.

This year, whilst total sales I'm sure have been effected by Covid, the market share is the highest ever in the UK and the UX is outselling the CT, IS and RC combined by around 1.8:1, the same as the NX. The ES sales are nearly double the IS.

6 hours ago, Jez. W said:

You bought the yellow one from autotrader that went on a few days ago. 

Yes that car, I paid the deposit mate, by the end of next week the car will be ready and if things good I may have it! :) 

9 hours ago, Hatat said:

Yes that car, I paid the deposit mate, by the end of next week the car will be ready and if things good I may have it! 🙂

That was a colour combo I have never seen before! Have you noticed how my rcf's are coming up for sale recently, more than normal I would say. There is a good turn over of these cars on AT at the moment and most seem to be selling quite quickly. Lower mileage also seems to be key obviously to the quick selling cars. 

Hope you and the other chap bilnick who also just bought rcfs enjoy them when you get them as much as I enjoy mine. I have had my rcf for 8 weeks now and think it is a brilliant car to drive. Takes a bit of getting used to compared to the isf I had previous, the rcf seemed very wide at first and bigger than it really is, steering is sharper and tighter, also the throttle response is far snappier. Took a few hundred miles to get used to the way the rcf drives and I am very happy with it. I can feel how the rcf is another step forward from the isf in technology and drive experience, there is quite a difference between the rcf and late model isf in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Apologies - you misunderstand me - and I can see how.

I haven't got a RC F - it is Lexus who are keeping the RC F available for sale until its next major upgrade, probably in a year or so time. Then it will be withdrawn from the UK. But other RCs are going by the end of this year.

And Colin - it's not so much overall sales figures that concern me - all the cars mentioned, CT, IS and RC are staying in production - it's just that they are no longer imported to the UK. When a manufacturer, especially a Japanese one, stops selling large swathes of their model range in the UK, it makes you wonder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jez. W said:

That was a colour combo I have never seen before! Have you noticed how my rcf's are coming up for sale recently, more than normal I would say. There is a good turn over of these cars on AT at the moment and most seem to be selling quite quickly. Lower mileage also seems to be key obviously to the quick selling cars. 

Hope you and the other chap bilnick who also just bought rcfs enjoy them when you get them as much as I enjoy mine. I have had my rcf for 8 weeks now and think it is a brilliant car to drive. Takes a bit of getting used to compared to the isf I had previous, the rcf seemed very wide at first and bigger than it really is, steering is sharper and tighter, also the throttle response is far snappier. Took a few hundred miles to get used to the way the rcf drives and I am very happy with it. I can feel how the rcf is another step forward from the isf in technology and drive experience, there is quite a difference between the rcf and late model isf in my opinion. 

Yeh the colour combo is very unique I saw this colour combo only in a video on YouTube and I like it compared to white, solar fare and blue in such combo but again it's very subjective. The car price is really good and fully Lexus service, the pictures also seemed decent so let's see how it gonna look in person. They will send it over to a Lexus branch for a check-up before delivery which is good for my peace of mind so hopefully, I will get it by the end of next week.

I am really glad you are enjoying your RCF what's the colour you went for?

It's always nice to hear from a recent purchaser to know their driving experience and thanks for sharing it mate!

7 minutes ago, Hatat said:

Yeh the colour combo is very unique I saw this colour combo only in a video on YouTube and I like it compared to white, solar fare and blue in such combo but again it's very subjective. The car price is really good and fully Lexus service, the pictures also seemed decent so let's see how it gonna look in person. They will send it over to a Lexus branch for a check-up before delivery which is good for my peace of mind so hopefully, I will get it by the end of next week.

I am really glad you are enjoying your RCF what's the colour you went for?

It's always nice to hear from a recent purchaser to know their driving experience and thanks for sharing it mate!

I bought an f sport white I think it is called, got pearl affect. It is a 2015 plate, totally standard 1 owner 14k miles. Mark levinson and red leather. Has full lexus history and was a mature owner before, he even left set of winter rubber mats in the boot to swap with the carpet ones. There is not a single scratch or mark anywhere on it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jez. W said:

I bought an f sport white I think it is called, got pearl affect. It is a 2015 plate, totally standard 1 owner 14k miles. Mark levinson and red leather. Has full lexus history and was a mature owner before, he even left set of winter rubber mats in the boot to swap with the carpet ones. There is not a single scratch or mark anywhere on it. 

Good stuff, It's a beautiful colour mate and keep enjoying your RCF

On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, johnatg said:

And Colin - it's not so much overall sales figures that concern me - all the cars mentioned, CT, IS and RC are staying in production - it's just that they are no longer imported to the UK. When a manufacturer, especially a Japanese one, stops selling large swathes of their model range in the UK, it makes you wonder.

The issue is that most people want an SUV.   Let’s be honest, the CT is now getting a little old and the natural replacement is the UX.  The new NX will come next year and hopefully the 450h+ version will come as the engine 2.5L PHEV is already available in the RAV4 in the states and the model name has been copyrighted in Europe. The ES is a nice car but IMO underpowered but if they add a 450h+ version it will be attractive to GS450h owners. The RX needs a refresh so will be interesting what they do with that. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links