Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Wash

Ive had the UX just short of a month now. It wasnt really dirty but this is something i always do soon as possible. It gives you the chance to have a closer look at the coachwork see if there are any noticeable defects. look at how the water runs off see where any drain points are and generally gives you much closer look at the car. I used just a couple of cap fulls of autoglymn conditioning shampoo nothing special and dried it of after a rinse. I was most suprised at the water run off excellent best ive had on a new car. It globuled well and nearly instantly run off apart from the roof it didnt take a lot to dry it very pleased. I wondered if Lexus cars came with a special finish treatment i didnt purchase the diamond finish. I would normally go over with extra gloss protection ive done this for years but the finish seemed that good i didnt bother. 

Brent

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, Navnan2 said:

The dealer wants £399 to ceramic coat mine when it arrives, Not sure what they will do for that. Anyway I'm going to do it myself with Meguiars ceramic wax. Worked a treat on my other cars. £28 from Halfords..

I’ve used Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on 2 previous cars and it’s very good.  Good on wheels and glass too but my current 2 cars were treated at the dealers during the PDI stage with Gen 3 ceramic coating. Thankfully, the dealers have moved away from flogging Supaguard for a now much better quality product and a ceramic one too, not a glorified wax.  Gen 3 is a ceramic glass topcoat that provides 5 years protection to all external parts of the car. You get epic beading with it.  It’s best done at the PDI stage as the bodywork should require minimal paint correction.  Yes, it’s £399 but you do get a nice small suitcase of Gen 3 products like glass cleaner, shampoo, bird poo remover, etc. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is about £22 at the moment (less 15% with my Gold LOC membership) and you could probably do a car with one to two bottles of the stuff.  So about £40 (Meguiars) versus £400 (Gen 3).  The £400 ceramic version does include a small suitcase of products including the awesome bird poo remover so let’s say that’s £60 worth of products so now it’s £40 versus £340.  The Gen 3 ceramic application is generally a better product and will certainly last longer (5 years guarantee) whereas the home applied ceramic waxes much less so and will require topping up periodically.  However, I’d recommend both products. I still buy the Hybrid Ceramic Wax as I’ve done the house windows with it (rain just runs off) and the en-suite shower cubicle.🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links