Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's got or ordered a Convertible

Kevin Williams

Its getting closer. Pinged by the App to signal that it has arrived at Portbury. Funny that it's less than 10 miles from where I live and yet its journey now involves going to Derby, then to Swindon, then to Bristol for PPF/ceramic coating and then hopefully in 4 weeks to its new home.

• Like 2

Just in time for “summer”! Must be nailbiting waiting so long but it’ll be worth it. Genuinely a brilliant car and the soft top amplifies the V8 quite a bit. I’ve had Xpel PPF done on mine, including the carbon cills - well worth doing them I think. I’m supposed to be doing the post-PPF ceramic coating myself but I’m too busy driving it!

• Like 1

I've done ceramic coating on the black external plastic bits on my Mini using Geon Q trim but I am not sure I would trust myself on the bodywork, not on the LC anyway!

6 hours ago, eightk said:

Just in time for “summer”! Must be nailbiting waiting so long but it’ll be worth it. Genuinely a brilliant car and the soft top amplifies the V8 quite a bit. I’ve had Xpel PPF done on mine, including the carbon cills - well worth doing them I think. I’m supposed to be doing the post-PPF ceramic coating myself but I’m too busy driving it!

And yes, very much agree with doing the Carbon cills, an obvious potential scuffing one, especially on my wife's side🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:47 PM, Marcus63 said:

Its getting closer. Pinged by the App to signal that it has arrived at Portbury. Funny that it's less than 10 miles from where I live and yet its journey now involves going to Derby, then to Swindon, then to Bristol for PPF/ceramic coating and then hopefully in 4 weeks to its new home.

Where are you getting the coating done? 🙂

I picked Xpel film because it’s all precut on a machine - minimal knives near the car. The sills have been done in part Matt and part gloss film so you can’t really tell it’s on there - they may have been done by hand as they might not be part of the LC pattern.

The PPF is amazing - I was shown a gloss piece that they attacked with a wire brush - loads of scuffs and almost completely matt by the time they’d finished. Ten seconds with a heat gun and it morphed back to gloss. Seriously!

I’ve ceramic coated wheels before but not paint. I’ve got Gtechniq Halo ceramic coating to put on which allegedly flexes with the PPF and allows it to self heal. What could go wrong….

I am going to Topaz, at their Bristol branch at Aztec West. I have seen some of their YT videos and seem to be very good, but at a price. I have visited their premises and was very impressed. Tonnes of experience in PPF. Its going to be kept outside so I am just trying to give protect it as much as I can. Total PPF plus ceramic coating, roof/wheel and interior protection plus glass coating on all but the windscreen. Although their PPF is expensive, the overall package seems fair.

And ditto Andy re Knife use, all pre cut self healing etc. Some of the videos I have watched with Knife use so close to the bodywork are quite scary. I suspect the Topaz film and the Xpel are quite similar and a lot of it is down to the quality of the installation. Until my nephew, a car nut,  stepped in and suggested Topaz, I was going to go down the Xpel route.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

And ditto Andy re Knife use, all pre cut self healing etc. Some of the videos I have watched with Knife use so close to the bodywork are quite scary. I suspect the Topaz film and the Xpel are quite similar and a lot of it is down to the quality of the installation. Until my nephew, a car nut,  stepped in and suggested Topaz, I was going to go down the Xpel route.

Topaz have fitted PPF to both our GSF and (more recently) our Genesis  Electrified GV70.  The Topaz film is a clearer film compared to the others on the market. They always do a fantastic job so you won’t be disappointed. Looking forward to seeing your new car. 

• Like 1

Its now arrived at Swindon, getting closer, first road trip to Wales being planned but incredibly another three weeks before pick up, by the time its been prepared by Swindon and Topaz. All very exciting, here is a teaser.

08472367-9ED7-4C90-B9F4-5D02AC59C36E.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

Its now arrived at Swindon, getting closer, first road trip to Wales being planned but incredibly another three weeks before pick up, by the time its been prepared by Swindon and Topaz. All very exciting, here is a teaser.

08472367-9ED7-4C90-B9F4-5D02AC59C36E.jpeg

Oh. The PPF I had fitted was clearer than that, not as, errr, ‘milky’. Still, enjoy!

Only joking, that looks lovely.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

12 hours time and we should eventually be in possession of our new baby.  Photos to follow....

I hope the car is all you would wish it to be. Exciting day ahead for you and there's nothing like picking up a brand-new car and especially so this one. Enjoy!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marcus63 said:

Everything we dreamt of. And the sun comes out, can't wait for a four day road trip to Wales starting Monday. Photos in show us your LC thread. 

Just seen them and the car looks fantastic!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

All the lc500 I'm seeing at work have white interiors including white floor mats! Good luck with that!

Just take your shoes off before getting in and the carpets will be fine…

1 hour ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

by the time it gets to the dealership it will need a proper valet! 

Where do you work - sounds like you see the cars before the owners do?!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links