Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sanity check

5 minutes ago, 200h said:

Andre said "This is my first winter with the 300h here in northern Sweden"

I think he meant, in a garage (where it's warm) or sat on a driveway where it will be minus 20.

31 minutes ago, matt8 said:

in a garage (where it's warm) or sat on a driveway where it will be minus 20

Exactly. If it's parked outside at -20C I would expect that might have an impact on the fuel consumption.

But if it's inside at +10C, the car never has to cope with low temperatures as such, as it's either inside or the engine is running to keep it warm.

That's why I thought it would be interesting to know if it's parked outside and still gets good mpg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thackeray said:

Where is the car parked overnight? Is it outside at -20C or is it in a nice comfortable garage at +10C? If the car doesn't have to go through a long warmup stage fuel consumption will be much better.

In Canada, they used to have plug in heaters for the radiator to prevent freezing. Don't know if this is still the case. When you went to the supermarket there were sockets outside to plug in the heaters. And it also used to be that trucks would be kept running 24 hours a day as otherwise they wouldn't start until spring came.

Should have mentioned, it is parked outside and temps are usually -25 or colder on a -20 day. So the 52.3 mpg includes a very rough wake up for the car in the morning 🤯

Here's a pic of the usual view out the windscreen, admittedly 'just' -12 this time 🙂 

20210204_105756.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtDrews said:

Should have mentioned, it is parked outside and temps are usually -25 or colder on a -20 day. So the 52.3 mpg includes a very rough wake up for the car in the morning 🤯

Here's a pic of the usual view out the windscreen, admittedly 'just' -12 this time 🙂 

20210204_105756.jpg

Great photo. I love it! That’s a car that has to work for it’s living.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links