Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

23 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

But where I’m confused you wouldn’t put yr cold air on in say winter time and how often are you supposed to put it on for?

It's only confusing when it's solely referred to as air conditioning, which is used for cooling, instead of climate control, which uses air con to cool and the heater to heat, as required.

I have mine on permanently, using the temperature controls when needed, and leave the system to do its thing.

3 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I have mine on permanently, using the temperature controls when needed, and leave the system to do its thing.

I've received that recommendation many, many times over the years, for having the system constantly active maintains and lubricates the system seals most effectively.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2023 at 7:53 PM, Riccccccardo said:

Considering for this years to do list at next service possible coolant change and I think my front headlights need polishing as noticed a bit foggy on purchase Lexus quoted £99. 

IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

Press the EXPAND BUTTON to see what they looked like before clean up 👆🏾

New issue today my #WINDOW did not want to close rear drivers window I put down while driving when I parked up I pressed the door button to put it back up closed. It moved up near to closed then went back down again (refusing to close fully) I was very worried. It kept doing this with the door control so I tried the actual rear door button to close it and it did the same thing going up not closing fully then moving back down again remaining open. I then turned off the car and tried to see if I could close it with the car off and key thob control only nope did not work and did the same as above going up then back down again. Total attempts so far five to close window. On final attempt again using key thob I inched the window up slowly bit by bit to the top where it now appears to be closed. I’m thinking a computer glitch as it’s never done this before or if this is a longer term problem? will be stressful not being able to close the window if this continues and also the cost of fixing will pee me off. I’ll repost this in other rooms if I see one about this issue. 

I think that the window runners need a little lube as it sounds like the window is sticking near the top & this can produce the issue you have.

A little Silicon spray into the runners each side & the top.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VFR said:

I think that the window runners need a little lube as it sounds like the window is sticking near the top & this can produce the issue you have.

A little Silicon spray into the runners each side & the top.

Even better, try PTFE powder (Amazon) an extremely fine powder, (basically Teflon), it won't attract dirt as a silicone liquid spray.   (also great for all plastic<>plastic rubbing surfaces, internal car trim squeaks) and clothes zips, curtain tracks etc

Edited by Illogan
Spolling mistooks
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:03 AM, Illogan said:

Even better, try PTFE powder (Amazon) an extremely fine powder, (basically Teflon), it won't attract dirt as a silicone liquid spray.   (also great for all plastic<>plastic rubbing surfaces, internal car trim squeaks) and clothes zips, curtain tracks etc

@Vfr #vfr @iiiogan #iiiogan I’ve just got back into the car today and everything working normal again. Hope was just a glitch. 

I do tend to drive with the rear window behind the driver a little or half open for various reasons the majority of the time cool done car, de steam windows, when I want some cool outside air etc… for last two years owning the car. I think once or twice my car got splashed with other cars and large puddles whilst I was driving as well maybe? As well as light rain may go inside sometimes but I figure it can handle light rain right? I hope there’s no debris inside it even if there was I’m not skilled enough to take a Lexus door apart and put back together. 

I hope you right it’s just sticking. Yeah I’m guessing dirt would stick to silicone so powder option sounds better I guess. 
thanks for input lads.  

2 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

I hope you right it’s just sticking. Yeah I’m guessing dirt would stick to silicone so powder option sounds better I guess. 
thanks for input lads.  

The car is sensing that the physical resistance of the window is greater than normal, as if something being in its way, and therefore the anti jam safety feature is kicking in.

As has been said, clean/lube the edges of the glass and runners. If you still have a problem then disconnect the Battery for 30 seconds and then perform window initialisation which will make the vehicle learn the resistance for auto operation to function.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys I’m very confused for years I’ve told people my cars 5.9 seconds 0-60 mph using most websites (and autotrader site) but I was on a random Lexus website recently and it states speed is 5.2 seconds 0-60mph. What speed are we all going with? I’m aware I think the newer year models mite be slower due to eco regulation constraints. 

IMG_4713.jpeg

I think its 5.2 if you turn the electronics off and how how to pull off manually extremely well.
You lose a bit with the electronics on as they are a bit overly paranoid and limit the power more
than is needed at lower speeds. 

Looking into this, the 5.2 sec time was claimed by Lexus in USA at launch for the phase 3 car. It is a 0-60 time, European times are 0-100kph so 0-62mph. Some American testers use a rolling start, which improves times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollout_(drag_racing)#:~:text=For the published 0 to,the initial standing start position.

I couldn’t see any testers who had equalled or improved the 5.2 time.

to get the best time I believe you need to fully charge the traction Battery.

New issue which is very annoying and frustrating I’ve been quoted by one body shop around £250 I know it’s age related/wear and tear as my cars 2012. The boot rear wing lacquer is starting to peel off. 

IMG_4384.png

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4374.jpeg

IMG_4373.jpeg

IMG_4372.jpeg

IMG_4371.jpeg

IMG_4382.png

d05599ed-b016-450e-970d-e55bbfb9b3ae.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links